Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 11:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezuen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damages the DirectX dll does to your computer. Do NOT ever put d3d9 in any other place than your everquest directory.

Hi guys, I finally found a legal way to do this (ie; only files I made myself), and I decided to package up a fix for you guys. Whenever P1999 decides to update their brown skeletons, they will be able to be displayed as texture 1. This also fixes gypsie women's alternate textures.

Included in this zip archive is eqgame.dll, and d3d9.dll.
Simply place those two files in the root directory of EverQuest (with eqgame) and your brown skeletons and gypsies are fixed for whenever P1999 updates to them.

If anyone needs to see the source code for either of the dlls to make sure this is safe, PM me on IRC and I will give you it. It simply patches memory and this may be detected by several anti-viruses as false positives.

Any questions, comments, bug reports or feedback for these fixes goes in this thread. If you need a way to test it, start your own EQEmulator server at http://www.eqemulator.org

Download link:

http://vallontallonzek.com/eqgame.zip
Wrong dll's and the link is dead lets see some source
Old 09-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Large Rat

i cant help but think how many people made the suspended list because they were using a 3rd party software while playing on another server that does allow MQ2 for instance to be used like on Stormhaven , when u i load MQ2 for stormhaven the instance i am using is too new for p99's files and it doesnt load into p99 server but alas i was suspended while never using mq to get an edge on server but i guess thats just the way it goes huh

Perhaps in the future it would be prudent to actually see who is using the 3rd party program to track or warp or whatever else and not just assume people are using it ???? but thats just my thoughts

just cause i own a gun in my house does that make me a killer i think not
\

the only thing that wsock was doing was showing a list of open programs , and NO WHERE in the rules does it say i cant use a 3rd party program on another server while playing on p99

the rules p99 makes up only works in the favor of the GM's and their buddies , because i IN FACT never used MQ to gain any edge on p99 i had it open for playing on stormhaven

im just like everyone else here i cant find shit to do on p99 half the time so i have another server up and running so if something is going on there i can get in on it

suspending anyone for having a program open without any proof of ACTUAL use is not only irresponsible but its just outrageous

im just glad i got the heads up on this server and its typical ways before i got to far into it

if u want to run a server and have favortism just fucking say so and stop wasting peoples time
Last edited by healius; 09-09-2011 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: i wanted to
Old 09-01-2011, 01:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by healius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i cant help but think how many people made the suspended list because they were using a 3rd party software while playing on another server that does allow MQ2 for instance to be used like on Stormhaven , when u i load MQ2 for stormhaven the instance i am using is too new for p99's files and it doesnt load into p99 server but alas i was suspended while never using mq to get an edge on server but i guess thats just the way it goes huh

Perhaps in the future it would be prudent to actually see who is using the 3rd party program to track or warp or whatever else and not just assume people are using it ???? but thats just my thoughts

Nice try.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by healius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or maybe you could just unload it when you play on P99? It's pretty fucking simple.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:23 AM
Banned

Quote:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2011, 06:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:

They know you were using it for P99 with their new trojan.

Til they state exactly what it does, I'm not going to shut up about it either.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:42 AM
Kobold

Yay suspensions, and hip-hip-hooray to the stripping of all coin! too cool.
I think that posting all the names is kind of silly, 365 accounts multiplied by how many characters on each account, that's just crazy talk, I don't think Rogean wants to type out two-thousand(my estimate) names on here.

/spank
Old 09-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Strip them naked, port them to a high level zone, make them all pvp, send in 100 non cheater players fully equipped and make them temporally pvp, let us hunt them like in the most dangerous game, the last cheater alive gets his/her plat and levels back.

Or something.

Let's turn this into something entertaining.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

You know the law: Two men enter, one man leaves.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Days of the year?

So you pretty much banned one person each day for the past year =)
Closed Thread