Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 01:23 AM
Large Bat

Default Best three man group? With some Criteria.

I'm going to be playing with my dad and cousin in a three man group. I have played EQ on and off for sometime. My dad isn't a twitch player.

I want a group that can get the most done with only three people. Also, the group must be sensitive to the fact that one of the players is my dad. So some crazy charm kiting, bard bellowing, quad kiting group probably wouldn't be ideal.

My ideas so far:

Barbarian ROG,WAR,SHM

All the same starting area, that's nice. Best tank, Best slower, and High DPS. Pulling and crowd control suffer with no MNK or Chanter.

My other idea:

Human MNK , SHD
Barbarian SHM

Humans are close to Barbarians, so we could get together easy. Just need to power thru Black Burrow with the SHM. Best puller MNK, best slower SHM. I like that extra bit of utility of movement slow in dungeons and fear for dropping bigger stuff outdoors. I guess this spot could also be PAL or WAR and would work pretty well.

The last Idea:

WAR, CLR, ENC

Any ideas would be much appreciated. I also have to submit for an IP exemption, is that gonna be hard? or can you still do that? 2 of them are gonna be at the same house.

Thanks.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:47 AM
Planar Protector

War lacks snap aggro which is really very convenient.

Maybe try SK or PAL as tank?

Tank, shaman, rogue is nice
Old 04-15-2017, 04:20 AM
Aviak

Tank cleric enc - pet dps is inane dps
Old 04-15-2017, 05:49 AM
Sarnak

Mage,Mage,Mage ��
Old 04-15-2017, 06:35 AM
Large Bat

Okay. Pretty sure I'm going with MNK/SHM. It's just that third spot.

I'm not too worried about snap agro. With good MNK pulls, SHM root parking, and AE slows in higher more hectic places.

I'm thinking another MNK or a WAR might be good?

With a MNK two Mends popping can help heals, FD to share agro/dmg well between them.

With a WAR's higher AC the DMG taken would be less, but DPS would drop.

Not sure what's better.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm not too worried about snap agro. With good MNK pulls, SHM root parking, and AE slows in higher more hectic places.

With a MNK two Mends popping can help heals, FD to share agro/dmg well between them.

Not sure what's better.
I think monks tank better than warriors outside of defensive/evasive discipline, even before huge gear levels. Monk+Rogue+Shaman would be a good trio. You tank+pull on the monk, rogue does damage, shaman slows+heals. Could also do monk+cleric+enchanter. Enchanter charm easily adds a rogues worth of DPS if you have someone that feels comfortable doing that. plus you get to add a much better healer while maintaining the ability to slow, along with better crowd control.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not sure what's better.
If you're doing shaman+monk for the first two characters, almost anything will work for the third, including a second monk or a warrior.

However, if you're concerned that your dad can't handle (or doesn't want to handle) things like charming or quadding? Well... he probably isn't shaman material at all (they're really busy to play well), and he probably isn't monk material if the monk needs to be tanking and pulling either (pulling can be demanding). Most casters can be played without a lot of effort, although a chanter/necro/bard/druid who isn't on top of his game is only half of what the class could be (again, all classes that have a lot to pay attention to and do to get a good bang for the buck).

Mage, monk (who isn't the puller), warrior, rogue maybe... might be the best choices to work well with shaman+monk while also not being as demanding in order to contribute a lot? Mage, monk, and rogue do a ton of DPS and can just hang out with the shaman most of the time while the (first) monk does pulling and tanking. Druid would be solid too though without being quite as demanding in this trio as chanter/necro/bard... they contribute a fair amount of damage through dots and damage shield, can help with some buffs to relieve mana costs for shaman, have snare and roots for CC, and ports would be fantastic for a trio like this imo.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:35 AM
Fire Giant

Druid Enc war
Old 04-15-2017, 08:29 AM
Sarnak

Monk, shaman, enchanter

Enchanter for extra buffs, CC and charm pet will bring the dps you need. Chanter and shaman can also do pretty much any camp in the game.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:51 AM
Fire Giant

Why not iksar?

Shm Mnk Nec

Shaman and necro have great synergy and monk can tank anything you'll be slowing....
Closed Thread