Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

This is a great thread. My only question is about the hole. So far everytime I've been in there the six elementals at the zone in are fully spawned. Any suggestions on how to break things up as a solo mage so I don't get swarmed? or should I invis past them and hunt where single pulls are more likely?
Old 08-22-2017, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

Solo pull for a mage on the entrance elementals isn't going to happen. A root from a net and gate will be an exercise in futility. Sadly, there's no items that can be used from the Lull, Calm etc line either for this.
Again, on classic retail this wasn't an issue because the elementals were spawned further into their alcoves and were barely out of aggro range of each other. I found out about this spot from the old EQNecro forums recommending it on their hunting list guide, and dearly wish I could find the post to establish how they were spawned back then.

An enchanter, paladin, or cleric could break the camp for you, or someone using feign death. That last one requires very fast reflexes as you don't have much room to work with.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solo pull for a mage on the entrance elementals isn't going to happen. A root from a net and gate will be an exercise in futility. Sadly, there's no items that can be used from the Lull, Calm etc line either for this.
Again, on classic retail this wasn't an issue because the elementals were spawned further into their alcoves and were barely out of aggro range of each other. I found out about this spot from the old EQNecro forums recommending it on their hunting list guide, and dearly wish I could find the post to establish how they were spawned back then.

An enchanter, paladin, or cleric could break the camp for you, or someone using feign death. That last one requires very fast reflexes as you don't have much room to work with.

IMO there is no need to solo pull the entrance. Just make sure the pather isn't near, pull the 2 with pet, pull them back a bit and nuke the one that your pet is on down quick. Then let your pet work the other, or nuke it too. After Those 2 are down, med until pather, then rinse repeat with the next 2, then you have 2 solo on either side, then you'll have 2 at a time on the next pull. As for the rock Golem and Crusader/other...that will be difficult solo pull.

I would (start full mana) nuke the elemental down asap, then wait for pet to be low on health, and summon new pet, BO3 and DS pet. Your mana will start to be lower at this time, so just Nuke a few times after running around to get mudman off you (if needed). You should be OK after that. Your downtime will be great after this, so run back to entrance and sit way back. Then, start over.

I soloed this entrance at level 51 (with 51 Earth). XP was OK, but with 2 mages, even if the other mage is 57 (with 57 Earth), you'll get better xp.

At level 58 or 59 you'll start to get greens. Also, there are rare chances to get Loam armor from the Elementals. Mudman you'll have a really rare chance to get the 1hb, and the torch the ele drop are great pet weapons.