Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a 32/36 bow, fleeting quiver and 7 10 slot bags and fill with arrows and a jboot MQ.

Kill mobs til you go into beserker. Take fungi off. Then kite mobs around with the bow.
Is this a real thing? It sounds kind of incredible.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First, good DPS weapons can be super cheap. I really love Fist of Zek + Jarsath Trident or a Staff of Battle. A lot of the proc weapons you list don't even proc until after 46 or 50, so using Wurmslayer plus a FoZ with a good haste item and a fungi will get you pretty far. With decent armor and HP, you can solo into the late 40s no problem.

That said, get Velium Fire Wedding rings. That's the number one most important item on a good twink. Don't skimp out and settle for platinum. Velium or bust.

Since you already have the Fungi, I'd say get the RBB, super cheap weapons, Velium Fire Wedding rings, and fill in empty spots with Dwarf cultural armor or Cobalt. If you really wanted to be cheap, you could use Crustacean Shell armor. For ears, Orc Fang Earrings work great for having useful stats that you'll need (AC, HP, STR).

After you get 46, you can join a raiding guild, go to PoSky for a trash belt, and sell the RBB to buy the rest of the stuff you need to tank 50+ like Frostbringer and WESS. I recommend a Lodizal Shell Shield for your back slot. Also, the Incarnadine BP or Cobalt Greaves are pretty important for the unlimited casts of Invisibility, but you could get by with a few Rings of Shadows if you are willing to carry a lot of them and recharge them often similar to the Jboots vs SoW pots argument, but Invis does not last nearly as long as SoW.
Thanks for this analysis. So whats the verdict on the Cobalt BP? Worth sacrificing haste for? I know I cant click it for a while, but I would want to have the cash available so I could purchase one when a good price pops up.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Fungi, Cobalt greaves, Cobalt BP, Frostbringer/Infestation, Quillmane Levi Cloak, Jboots are my favorite items on my warrior - bloodpoints don't proc yet so can't say I favor those but I am guessing they super useful.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
1. Whats the sweet spot for haste vs weapons / armor? For example, I'm guessing a war with 36% haste but no stats / crappy weapons, is going to be worse off than a war with 22% haste w/ nice stats / weps.
Get the best haste possible. Personally, if you already have a fungi I'd buy velium rings, a jarsath trident, a fist of zek, staff of battle, crusty arms&legs, and then save the rest of your cash to eventually buy a cloak of flames. Nothing beats haste here. The warrior with 36% haste will hold better aggro and do more dps. Make sure to go all your points into STA.
Quote:
2. How good is Cobalt BP heal clicky for soloing? I'm going to be wearing a fungi most of the time, so is the downtime clicky worth 20k (and sacrificing other gear)?
Don't waste your money on cobalt anything unless it is really cheap to fill a slot for AC. Buy an Incarnadine Breastplate, Grim Skull Earring, Bracer of the Hidden, and probably quest ring 8 before that. Dispell is rampant on this server and you will find yourself annoyed constantly until you can come up with a clicky buff or two.
Quote:
3. Which weapons are worth splurging on? You can get pretty good ratio weapons for
pretty cheap, but obviously the better procs and/or best ratio weapons command a premium. Which ones are worth it?
Procs dont matter till the mid 40's - mobs die too fast. Holding aggro is much more about positioning, white damage, and root. One of the best parts about warrioring here is the huge assortment of weapons with special procs. Try everything out - that's the point and make sure to set up your hotbars so you can swap weapons on the fly as needed. If you aren't going a large race make sure to buy a Clay Guardian Shield for cheap so you can swap in to bash when you see a spell caster casting.

From level 30 all the way to 49 you get weaker and weaker and most decide to quit. From level 50 on you get stronger and stronger until you are the most powerful class in this version of Everquest.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grim Skull Earring, Bracer of the Hidden, and probably quest ring 8 before that. Dispell is rampant on this server and you will find yourself annoyed constantly until you can come up with a clicky buff or two.
This advice is pre-patch and no longer works now that most dispels are random. Only dragon dispel can be reliably predictable to make it useful to have junk buffs in the first few slots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for this analysis. So whats the verdict on the Cobalt BP? Worth sacrificing haste for? I know I cant click it for a while, but I would want to have the cash available so I could purchase one when a good price pops up.
I wouldn't get the Cobalt BP for anything more than its stats, especially since you already have a Fungi. Yeah, you can't click it until you're 45, which is not going to be any time soon, but the money is better put into haste because you'll be wearing Fungi all the time. Use Incarnadine for tanking. The stats are close to Cobalt.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Last edited by Samoht; 08-09-2017 at 02:06 PM..
Old 08-09-2017, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This advice is pre-patch and no longer works now that most dispels are random. Only dragon dispel can be reliably predictable to make it useful to have junk buffs in the first few slots.
Crap buffs are very useful. I doubt the mechanic you're describing is intentional and it will be changed anyways. Also, this will work for far more then just dragon dispell such as glimmer drakes who proc dispell. Do you really think suggesting not having any type of crap buff is a good idea on this server? I don't.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crap buffs are very useful. I doubt the mechanic you're describing is intentional and it will be changed anyways. Also, this will work for far more then just dragon dispell such as glimmer drakes who proc dispell. Do you really think suggesting not having any type of crap buff is a good idea on this server? I don't.
Your reasoning for having junk buffs was wrong. That's all I'm saying. No caster they will run into will dispel the top slot until they're raiding dragons. Casted dispels are random now and are going to stay random. It's not a bug.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this a real thing? It sounds kind of incredible.
yep but you don't even need a fungi for it. I'd say just get the Exquisite Velium war bow and a ceremonial ikky bp for a bit of regen while you kite. you need jboots or sow pots, a jade mace and another offhand, the haste, then slap on whatever other shit you can for a bit of extra AC/DEX/STR

Crippling Bow warrior is an amazing strategy.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yep but you don't even need a fungi for it. I'd say just get the Exquisite Velium war bow and a ceremonial ikky bp for a bit of regen while you kite. you need jboots or sow pots, a jade mace and another offhand, the haste, then slap on whatever other shit you can for a bit of extra AC/DEX/STR

Crippling Bow warrior is an amazing strategy.
I am VERY intrigued by this strategy, even just as something different to do occasionally to break up the grind.

Does Fleeting Quiver haste stack with worn haste and spell haste? Seems like a Velium Swiftblade would be ideal for this strat no?
Old 08-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Banned

I could be totally wrong, but fleeting quiver seems to affect only your ranged haste, so it would be pretty savage if you had that, and a worn haste, and a spell haste lol.

BTW, there's a shaman potion which does a 5 minute haste that's pretty freaking strong. I use it on filbus because i'd rather drop a few hundo plat than camp stormfeather. And with a fast bow, like even bow of the huntsman, you'll be peeling off insane damage.

Finally, your ranged attacks have no damage caps at low level [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this is a big deal lol.
Closed Thread