Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: How should this rule be handled?
Keep it, as is. 5 7.69%
Keep the rule, but monitor chat a bit better. 14 21.54%
Abolish the rule 46 70.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 01:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd feel a little better if staff even just told us why chat is being eliminated. Is serverwide ooc going away completely? Is it because of stupid/offensive people turning away new players?

Why this sudden change?
TBH I was a little turned away at first as there was a flame war going on the moment I joined the server, but now I know that they are (semi)decent people. The players on this server have made me feel welcome, where the guide turned me away. At least the players were cool the next day, the GM (maybe it's just their job to be bad-cop) was still a dick to my friends and made me feel unwelcome— going from the Sceencaps in the other thread, it seems to be a trend.

I realize that dealing with these retards day in and day out can be frustrating, I feel for you, but don't take out your anger on people just trying to be friendly.

Shit, the reason I stayed is because I figure you were just having a bad day (GM); I'm sure you're a decent person to get the guide position— I read the app. That and I want to dominate the PK scene with my sculpted muscles and huge penis. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-31-2015, 01:29 AM
Kobold

Soon as Eunomia starts moderating chat the server turns stale and I just log and do other stuff. Granted, it sucks, but better than sitting on a dead box with nothing but auctions going on.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnifiend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soon as Eunomia starts moderating chat the server turns stale and I just log and do other stuff. Granted, it sucks, but better than sitting on a dead box with nothing but auctions going on.
The Guide, the one that's suppose to welcome you to the server, makes you want to log off and do other things rather than play the game. That shouldn't be how it works.

I read the thread voting the GM into their position, what happened? I know the playerbase wouldn't do that if the person was a complete a-hole. I'd really like some insight from the GM on this matter because it doesn't seem natural for them to just do a 180 like this.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:07 PM
Orc

I've honestly not had too many run ins with Eunomia, but the few times I've /petitioned for my corpse, or a bugged quest turn in, she responded within the hour. Which was very awesome! In all my time on Red, I've not seen many other GMs get to you quickly.

BUT! The OOC thing upsets me greatly. I LOVE the OOC chat that happens. Yes, I agree, sometimes it's vulgar, and it's not terribly family friendly. And yes, I do know that some people actually DO play this game who want a 'censored' style game, some, I understand, even play with filters on. More power to those people.

I didn't read through this whole thread, because I'm lazy, stoned, and don't want to read 4 pages of other people's bullshit (not saying that some of it isn't constructive, if not maybe [hopefully] all of it).

But I do agree that the limited OOC is a problem, especially coupled with the extremely zealous attitude that Eunomia seems to have about the policy. I liked the conversations, the chat, and I've laughed so hard at some of the stuff said in OOC that I damn near pissed myself. Because the community on Red, even with the vast majority of it being trolls, are good people, who just talk shit in OOC because they CAN. I know some people actually DO GET MAD, but that's their fucking problem. I talk shit in OOC because I can TAKE shit. Usually. I have been known to actually get irritated or upset. But hey, personal attacks on a person should stay out of OOC, if not the game and community entirely.

But I digress. This server's OOC chat can be both horrible, and incredible. And I think we should take the good withe the bad. In a sense I feel like my Red Norrathian freedoms are being stomped upon by the angry heel of Cazic-Thule, and that, in and of itself, is just wrong. Why not, if you're going to implement rules on OOC, let it be something more of an extension of the Play Nice Policy. If Your'e hostile, cursing, or fighting in OOC, then Yeah, you should take it to tells or whatever, but if you're just having a conversation, or maybe trying to make some people laugh, it shouldn't be punishable by 24 hour mute...

*Popoin Tundrafoot - Professional Necromancer <Thunderdome>
*Giles Veritoga - Sneak for Hire <Thunderdome>
*Stooney Balooney - The Stonedest of Clerics <Thunderdome>
*Dingbat Psychotherapist - Therapy the Wizard Way.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game is a lot more fun when Eunomia isn't around.

If the staff lacks the resources to moderate the channel except to kill it, I hope they just stop moderating entirely.
literally the entire server agrees with you. of all the problems with red, eunomia arbitrarily decided that people being social in ooc was what needed changing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

the point was probably to make the server appear friendly to new people coming over from the daybreak server, but would you rather see someone being a dick in ooc, or have a snarky GM send you a passive-aggressive /tell saying you'll be banned if you ask about the paladin guild again
Last edited by jeffd; 06-01-2015 at 11:34 AM..
Old 06-01-2015, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri_Sun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Guide, the one that's suppose to welcome you to the server, makes you want to log off and do other things rather than play the game. That shouldn't be how it works.
You can go from having a fun time to a shit time on red in about 10 seconds.... the ooc is what makes it.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:22 AM
Retired Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri_Sun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When petitioned I was dealt with harshly told that it was not something I should petition about, and to take it to the technical discussion forums.
You were not told anything harshly. You were not told this was something you should not petition about.

This was a problem only you were having, and not something anyone on CSR staff has any control over.

Petition: When I look toward the East(?) side of Unrest, my screen goes dark

You told , 'Hello Guide Eunomia here'
tells you, 'Hey there'
You told , 'you can post in technical discussion, but sounds like West Bug'
tells you, 'How do I fix it?'
You told , 'I'm not sure '
You told , 'they may have suggestions there'
tells you, 'Alright, I'll go look, ty'

You are welcome to voice your opposition to the ooc monitoring on the forums, but unless you are posting in RnF please be factual.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You were not told anything harshly. You were not told this was something you should not petition about.

This was a problem only you were having, and not something anyone on CSR staff has any control over.

Petition: When I look toward the East(?) side of Unrest, my screen goes dark

You told , 'Hello Guide Eunomia here'
tells you, 'Hey there'
You told , 'you can post in technical discussion, but sounds like West Bug'
tells you, 'How do I fix it?'
You told , 'I'm not sure '
You told , 'they may have suggestions there'
tells you, 'Alright, I'll go look, ty'

You are welcome to voice your opposition to the ooc monitoring on the forums, but unless you are posting in RnF please be factual.
Slaughtered by GM, Quit server. Never post again. Idiot.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slaughtered by GM, Quit server. Never post again. Idiot.
sucking up to a person with limited power on an emulated eq server.

cringe
Old 06-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:

I read the thread voting the GM into their position, what happened? I know the playerbase wouldn't do that if the person was a complete a-hole. I'd really like some insight from the GM on this matter because it doesn't seem natural for them to just do a 180 like this.
This is essentially the problem. We have a Guide that has expressed a true hatred for our server and the people that like to PvP within the server. I believe the words "burn the ground" were even used.

Let that sink in for a moment.

We need a partial GM that enjoys pvp and wants to see the red server succeed. Until we get one this is going to continue to be a massive problem. No long write ups neccesary. No deep discussion. Just a choice.

Do we want a guide that despises us? I sure dont.
Closed Thread