Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: How should this rule be handled?
Keep it, as is. 5 7.69%
Keep the rule, but monitor chat a bit better. 14 21.54%
Abolish the rule 46 70.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 09:02 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is essentially the problem. We have a Guide that has expressed a true hatred for our server and the people that like to PvP within the server. I believe the words "burn the ground" were even used.

Let that sink in for a moment.

We need a partial GM that enjoys pvp and wants to see the red server succeed. Until we get one this is going to continue to be a massive problem. No long write ups neccesary. No deep discussion. Just a choice.

Do we want a guide that despises us? I sure dont.
There is so much wrong with this. Firstly, Eunomia would not let her feelings toward the server in general affect her decisions on a singular player level. It just wouldnt happen.

The server *had* a guide that fit the second paragraph's description, and because of the colostomy bag of a population hanging from his side, he quit.

Do you want a guide that despises you? That isnt the question to be asking. You should be asking is it worth having a guide that despises you. You can thank Eunomia for putting up with the server and be grateful that she takes the time to be on red, despite her feelings towards it, or you could wait for the 1 or 2 days a month Sirken is around doing in game petitions for a response.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you want a guide that despises you? That isnt the question to be asking. You should be asking is it worth having a guide that despises you. You can thank Eunomia for putting up with the server and be grateful that she takes the time to be on red, despite her feelings towards it, or you could wait for the 1 or 2 days a month Sirken is around doing in game petitions for a response.
It would 100% be better to have 0 guides on red than to have a guide who doesn't know the PNP and cannot moderate pvp disputes. Not letting people be social in OOC is actively harmful to the server, especially to new players with questions.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:16 AM
VIP / Contributor

being social in ooc is exactly what it should be used for, and for new players with questions.

i dont think the staff is suspending people asking how to work the orc lift in gfay.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:17 AM
Banned

i said "hi" in ooc and i got a tell from this gm to stop using ooc
Old 06-02-2015, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
being social in ooc is exactly what it should be used for, and for new players with questions.

i dont think the staff is suspending people asking how to work the orc lift in gfay.
I guess you haven't been on red when OOC was being actively moderated. They may not be getting suspended but they are certainly getting tells from Eunomia about not asking those kinds of things.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stuff
Hey Eunomia! Could you maybe tell us why you've been monitoring ooc so hard? Was this a recent decision made by the admins to curtail NSFW chat? The hate might quiet down a bit if we actually knew what was going on and why. As things are I'm feeling kinda left in the dark.

Let's try to foster some positive community/staff relations (or something), maybe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-02-2015, 09:22 AM
VIP / Contributor

You are correct, I havnt been playing so I will defer to your experience on it. I have a hard time believing that is the case though.

--edit-

i dont know what happened after the agreement with theybreakgames, but there has been some unnecessary modding imo
Old 06-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Yeah, you really don't know what it's like. When Eunomia is on there is literally nothing said in ooc except WTB/WTS/WTT and LFG. Anything else is now against some unwritten rule. And we don't even know why :/
Old 06-02-2015, 09:26 AM
Retired Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess you haven't been on red when OOC was being actively moderated. They may not be getting suspended but they are certainly getting tells from Eunomia about not asking those kinds of things.
Wrong

I have not restricted people from asking and answering game related questions.

Unless your response is "your mom"
Old 06-02-2015, 09:26 AM
VIP / Contributor

the only thing i can see is that DBG moderates their forums so harshly its unbelievable. They lock threads that don't pras how excellent they are. Must be part of the agreement to do more modding here.