Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: How should this rule be handled?
Keep it, as is. 5 7.69%
Keep the rule, but monitor chat a bit better. 14 21.54%
Abolish the rule 46 70.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In an RnF post where the poster was attacking my "boss" and one of the most dedicated staff members on the server, in favor of ME!

Has anyone been banned by me on Red? No

One suspension for training
Few ooc 1 day revokes

The sky is falling.
And yeah, like. It kinda has felt like the sky is falling. Not because you're suspending people, but because general consensus is that you're effectively ending one of the most important social platforms we have. It's pretty obvious that your recent presence on the server is detrimental to our population. ooc is (was?) the best way for new players to be social and involve themselves in the community.

But maybe this is all a misunderstanding, and you're actually only wanting to end the awful ooc chatter while allowing normal chat. Players were reporting that you were telling them to stop talking even when they were just saying "pras" though, which is totally worrying. You probably can't tell us anything substantial for fun official reasons, but I'm sure you understand our frustration and can sympathize.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In an RnF post where the poster was attacking my "boss" and one of the most dedicated staff members on the server, in favor of ME!

Has anyone been banned by me on Red? No

One suspension for training
Few ooc 1 day revokes

The sky is falling.
So I guess anything goes in RnF and anything thats spoken is hot air and not a real representation of your thoughts? I guess it's like the the Vegas of the forums. Except we can all read. Or most of us anyway.

I don't have a personal problem with you, Eunomia, but I still feel as if you despise the red server and the majority of its inhabitants. Feel free to correct me but this is the vibe that has been put out to all of us here enjoying the red server.

I'm not saying the sky is falling (this is a game afterall) but I strongly believe people shouldn't do things they hate just because they are obligated.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:15 AM
Retired Guide

"Pras" is congratulatory and should be either sent in a tell to the person you are wishing to congratulate or said in guild chat if a guild member.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:18 AM
Banned

Lol eunomia is red99s very own mall cop
Old 06-02-2015, 10:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
"Pras" is congratulatory and should be either sent in a tell to the person you are wishing to congratulate or said in guild chat if a guild member.
That's no fun. It's part of the psychological PvP.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I am glad OOC chat is limited to LFG / WTB / WTS.

It sounds like to me the only thing being removed from OOC chat is nerd rage and the high musings of neckbeards that miss wow barrens chat. Personally, I think the server would be better if that shit is just kept to /guildchat or teamspeak.

Also I did see Eunomia in KC monitoring PVP between empire and Good Guys on Friday evening. So she is doing more than just monitoring /ooc.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efwan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's no fun. It's part of the psychological PvP.
Just the use of the word promotes the pvp environment. Empire guy dies, server reacts.

How often has it been said that the box needs an answer to the zerg? Little things like this boost morale and fuel competitiveness.

Would like a "pras" / "pras it" exception to the ooc changes, leave it in <3
Old 06-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oltrevf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am glad OOC chat is limited to LFG / WTB / WTS.

It sounds like to me the only thing being removed from OOC chat is nerd rage and the high musings of neckbeards that miss wow barrens chat. Personally, I think the server would be better if that shit is just kept to /guildchat or teamspeak.

Also I did see Eunomia in KC monitoring PVP between empire and Good Guys on Friday evening. So she is doing more than just monitoring /ooc.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think getting rid of OOC was a troll by specific people who want to "ruin it" for everybody cause they suck and are losing.
Or then again, it could have been asked for by mature community members who are tired of seeing trash talk, bullying, vulgarities and toilet humor as opposed to genuine help, tips, and positive social interaction in /ooc.

I would suggest GMs allow /ooc for a month. If the red server can go a month without a single soul trash-talking, bullying, using toilet humor or vulgarities in /ooc, then by all means abolish the law.
Closed Thread