Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Defector [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol....1 naggy/vox per month. Damn you guys are bad.
This is actually pretty damn generous considering the people passing up on these dragons are likely the same folks who will be running the open raids. It's more work than you think to organize 150 people in a dungeon to zerg a dragon on 16 hour variance. It'd be unreasonable to expect them to host 2 of these raids every week for the benefit of others who never raided before.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point of this open raid is to experience the encounter and have a chance at loot. As I stated, Awakened has done 1 Vox in over 3 months. Why are you going to deny them a roll on something their guild does not go for? Assume we get to the point where *every* Lady Vox is an open raid. Would you not allow big guilds to join and roll?
This is a great point. IMO it's counterproductive to exclude people on this server from an open raid. All that will do is isolate and separate people from others even more, and make them feel resentful.

It may not seem sensible but in actuality encouraging all guilds and any player interested in participating to do so would only create more relationships and interaction in the game. This is a good thing.

Over time that might actually make things much smoother not just for these low tier raid mobs, but for higher tier raiding too, when people are more familiar with one another.

I think less limitations and more cameraderie is the way to go on this.

Also, worrying over someone selling the items for plats or selling MQs is an exercise of futility. Honestly it's going to be hard to stop this if someone wants to do it.

It's probably best to value the experience first, and simply try to be fair with the loots as any raid should be.

If A/A wants to join, why not? I think segregating people due to guilds is a bad idea.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

i think just /ran for droppables, no drop restricted to class. keep it simple

i know if this happens, and it was a greed roll, almost everyone in my guild would give the scale to their most beloved bard.

it'll find it's way to a bard. there are many bards (myself included once upon a time) sitting on hundreds of k of plat to try and buy one.

at least in this scenario, there is a chance it will find its way to a bard (be it one who swarmed thousands of gobbos for plat, or one with enough friends to be given from someone who won) and not some L52 epic'd vox/naggy alt army that only makes the barrier of entry more difficult.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 52 Bard that I leave parked at naggy as well and I log in if I'm on when the call goes out. 100% of the time Aftermath/Awakened/Rustle gets the kill. I have definitely seen some CSG out there contesting but they get mowed over and leap frogged because they actually kill giants and spiders.

I guess if Naggy spawns when Vulak is in window everything is fine, but to pretend the raid guilds don't farm naggy is dumb because literally all 3 guilds have characters with no other purpose besides killing Naggy
also this, i have a toon parked at naggy as well, and this has been my experience. CSG if its in the middle of the night. otherwise your gonna get leap frogged at the 4-giants by AM's gank crew. we killed all the giants up to the 2 spawn at the door way to zordak and they leapfrogged us for a zordak lol.

but that being said, i think people here have come to the consensus that no way is this gonna work for naggy.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a 0% chance Naggy will ever be shared/open raided unless its GM enforced.
Such an agreement was already signed once this year. This can happen (and will if we have strong leadership) but this business of negotiating the terms in a public forum is not useful and may actually be harmful
Old 08-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Fire Giant

I agree that any droppable items should be rolled for by everyone at the raid, including a white scale. Or else you're going to have people arguing how only melee should roll for RBB etc. Anyone can use 300k+, and like mentioned before, the odds are good that the scale will end up in the hands of a bard anyway.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Your post is a bit disingenuous since I know for a fact that you guys have scores of 'naggy alts' parked on the bridge and zone in.

I have a 52 Bard that I leave parked at naggy as well and I log in if I'm on when the call goes out. 100% of the time Aftermath/Awakened/Rustle gets the kill. I have definitely seen some CSG out there contesting but they get mowed over and leap frogged because they actually kill giants and spiders.

I guess if Naggy spawns when Vulak is in window everything is fine, but to pretend the raid guilds don't farm naggy is dumb because literally all 3 guilds have characters with no other purpose besides killing Naggy
My post is far from disingenuous. We do not have alts parked on the bridge, as that would disqualify us from an attempt. We do have alts camped in SolB. We do not use them regularly, as I already said a few times, we have only batphoned Naggy twice in the last 3.5 months. This is an exact number, as there has not been an "undocumented" raid on him by us. As to what Aftermath/Rustle kills, that is for them to speak to.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that any droppable items should be rolled for by everyone at the raid, including a white scale. Or else you're going to have people arguing how only melee should roll for RBB etc. Anyone can use 300k+, and like mentioned before, the odds are good that the scale will end up in the hands of a bard anyway.
Open raid/open loot. make the raid all-inclusive so everyone has a chance to have fun.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Open raid/open loot. make the raid all-inclusive so everyone has a chance to have fun.
Yep, plus I guarantee there is a hell of a lot more 53+ bards with no epic than there are 46-52 bards. And the only way those bards are getting a shot at that scale is bringing an alt to roll for it, and there's no way those bards have naggy/vox bard alts lol.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, plus I guarantee there is a hell of a lot more 53+ bards with no epic than there are 46-52 bards. And the only way those bards are getting a shot at that scale is bringing an alt to roll for it, and there's no way those bards have naggy/vox bard alts lol.
I have a 60 bard and vox bard. Pretty sure franswa does too.
Closed Thread