Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

That's a legit reason why we never saw rotations with Velious. Sorry you interpret that differently, are directing traffic and attempting a derail.

More open raids is good for the server, but to expect GM intervention after what happened last time we had anything like that, it's a bit steep. It needs to come from the community, so the hardcore guilds essentially need to give some up. If that won't happen, well, casuals are going without pixels.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No reason not to open some of these up, imo, if those who are capable are willing to stay away on certain weeks.

Omni would be happy to lead/support some open Naggy/Vox runs. Fill in the blanks for necessary classes, etc., and open the loot up to those in guilds who don't kill them regularly (or unguilded, etc.) - and by that I mean pass on everything to others in attendance.

And I'm certain the rest of CSG would be on board with this, too (tho I'll let them speak for themselves).
Of course we are on board with this
Old 08-22-2017, 03:23 AM
Banned

Yeah, I think Omni has led the only open Vox in server history, to my knowledge. Glad to see members of CSG signing on.

It's fun for everyone!
Old 08-22-2017, 04:22 AM
Planar Protector

What's Rustle's position on this? I'm curious.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:27 AM
Fire Giant

This would be great. I've killed plenty of dragons but never Nag or Vox at the right level. I have a cleric and monk I've been leaving in the low 50s just for this.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:56 AM
Kobold

Honestly, I can't believe after seven years this isn't a thing, but it should be.

A+ on the initiative, Filbus. If this is gonna be a server that people spend the rest of their lives on it should be a place that allows everyone some shot at 'fun' shit.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In other news, rotations don't work thanks to your guild...and here we are [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you stalking me? I haven't been able to post without you antagonizing me for a month now.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:26 AM
Kobold

Kudos to the OP for having the courage to post this. The fact that vanilla dragons are permacamped and the management here approves of this and does nothing about it is the reason that I and many others have stop playing P1999. It's symptomatic of a larger problem which is and absentee model of administration.

I'm tired of the intellectually lazy argument that P1999 is "classic EQ". P1999 is not classic EQ by any stretch of the imagination. For one, Classic EQ at least had responsive admins that evaluated the health of the game and made changes. That's what responsible admins do in a virtual world. Virtual worlds are living breathing things; they are a work in progress and they require care and attention.

You don't plant a seed in a garden and expect it to grow without water, fertilizer, mulching, constant weeding and vigilance to protect the plant from insects and animals. The P1999 philosophy is to plant a seed and hope for the best. That doesn't work in the realm of gardening and it certainly doesn't work here.

Some people like this kind of administration. I don't and that's why I left. I hope someday a solution is created that allows everyone the chance to at least attempt a dragon.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:43 AM
Fire Giant

Being on Project 1999 is probably the first time since live that there hasn't been an active public raid scene. But, I think E'ci (in the hey day of kunark-PoP) was one server where public raiding was almost superior to the top-end guild. Naggy/Vox public raids were a weekly thing with sign ups / epic drop charts for War/Bard/Paladin who needed scale and book drops. It is really disappointing that it is not more of a thing here.

But, I mean p99 is far removed from the cooperation that I used to see on live back in 99-02/3 days. Here is hoping to something in the future though.
Valkommen Farval - 57 Epic Human Preserver
Eddey Lizzard - 53 Iksar Champion
Wiliamm Wallace - 49 Epic Barbarian Rogue
Shaman Epic Faction Service
<Europa>
Old 08-22-2017, 08:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kudos to the OP for having the courage to post this. The fact that vanilla dragons are permacamped and the management here approves of this and does nothing about it is the reason that I and many others have stop playing P1999. It's symptomatic of a larger problem which is and absentee model of administration.

I'm tired of the intellectually lazy argument that P1999 is "classic EQ". P1999 is not classic EQ by any stretch of the imagination. For one, Classic EQ at least had responsive admins that evaluated the health of the game and made changes. That's what responsible admins do in a virtual world. Virtual worlds are living breathing things; they are a work in progress and they require care and attention.

You don't plant a seed in a garden and expect it to grow without water, fertilizer, mulching, constant weeding and vigilance to protect the plant from insects and animals. The P1999 philosophy is to plant a seed and hope for the best. That doesn't work in the realm of gardening and it certainly doesn't work here.

Some people like this kind of administration. I don't and that's why I left. I hope someday a solution is created that allows everyone the chance to at least attempt a dragon.
P99 staff is awesome when it's around, but lack of resources and setting up insanely complex rules about everything which are impossible to enforce properly has made this place playground for toxic neckbeards who almost always get rewarded for doing shady things. I don't mind healthy competition, I find it fun actually, but you don't often find healthy competition at P99 raid scene.

That is why I chose Agnarr. It might not be the "most classic" EverQuest experience around, but it sure is currently most fun place to experience classic raid content on casual fixed schedule. And competition for open world targets is far more fair than P99 for those who want to follow the server rules.

Looking at the server status makes me wonder when Swish starts posting cat gifs and "try p99" posts on Agnarr forums.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wonder how low that number needs to go until server staff wakes up? I sure wish they would wake up soon, since it looks like majority is voting with their feet atm.