Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 02:15 PM
Large Bat

Technically, I own 5 legally purchased copies of the game (yes, we often 2-boxed 2 computers and had a 24/7 bazaar bot on a 3rd). I just don't have them in my physical possession any longer - but all my software keys are logged with 989 Studios/Verant/Sony, and I assume (now) Daybreak.

Light leads to hatred, dark to delight. The best of all things, are done in the Night!
Old 04-29-2016, 03:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I own the game too. i have purchased all of the expansion as cd's and online download purchases as they were newly released. All of my purchases are recorded online in my billing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. but thank you for being thorough since i wasnt aware of the full legal portion behind owning it or not.

I only bit torrented it because my current computer doesn't have a DVD/CD player built in.
This laptop doesn't have a built in DVD drive... so I just put the CD's into another one of my computers and copied the content over to a flash drive...
Old 04-29-2016, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell92 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This laptop doesn't have a built in DVD drive... so I just put the CD's into another one of my computers and copied the content over to a flash drive...
you are giving me too much credit lol. I didn't know the laptop wasn't coming with a dvd drive, blame HP for being stingy.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are giving me too much credit lol. I didn't know the laptop wasn't coming with a dvd drive, blame HP for being stingy.
This laptop just happens to be a two in one I bought to take to class in the fall because I am unable to handwrite more than a little bit at a time... I bought the two in one purely because of its size and form factor, very thin and light weight... I can stick it in my bag and go, and my battery is lasting me like 7 or 8 hours... it's going to be nice for the fall semester.

I'm running Fedora Linux, and it just so happens to run EQ amazingly using Wine. EQ Live doesn't work, but Titanium does.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell92 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This laptop just happens to be a two in one I bought to take to class in the fall because I am unable to handwrite more than a little bit at a time... I bought the two in one purely because of its size and form factor, very thin and light weight... I can stick it in my bag and go, and my battery is lasting me like 7 or 8 hours... it's going to be nice for the fall semester.

I'm running Fedora Linux, and it just so happens to run EQ amazingly using Wine. EQ Live doesn't work, but Titanium does.
mine was an HP envy that i bought in 2010. I have upgraded it last year, but that laptop was how i began my P99 adventures! a couple years back. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

also this laptop had terrible battery life, it lasted maybe 30-45 mins fully charged =(
Old 04-29-2016, 04:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
mine was an HP envy that i bought in 2010. I have upgraded it last year, but that laptop was how i began my P99 adventures! a couple years back. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

also this laptop had terrible battery life, it lasted maybe 30-45 mins fully charged =(
Oh noes!

For a simple $500 laptop this thing is AMAZING!

Only thing I don't like is that the hard drive sometimes makes a humming sound, I am thinking I only notice it because this thing is so silent, all I hear is that... I never hear the fans or anything... but I did the hard drive tests with GSmartcontrol, and I got test results back that I'm having no issues.

I've yet to use it as a tablet, which just involves flipping the screen over. I'm hesitant because I'm scared I'll damage the keyboard when folded back.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:17 AM
Planar Protector

You can get an external dvd burner for cheap. I have one, but like 10yrs old.

As for the eq disks/account, I'm not sure if those are transferable anyway. Not disks or accounts. A lot of mmo's were like that before digital distro an before the bloody f2p craze. I've read the install license, but it's been years.

But ya know, peeps go on boat trips, yar M8E! In early PEQ, the original emu project, it was more important since there were still new retail boxes you could get a hold of, but that was over 10yrs ago. I still have mine, but yeah there is a sweet vacation spot around for lonely pirates at some bay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2016, 04:47 PM
Aviak

Opened my titanium box few years ago to find out it was missing disk one.

Not really helpfull or usefull info just felt like chimeing in
Old 04-30-2016, 06:04 PM
Kobold

I loaded Windows 10 back up on this laptop... I bought it a few weeks ago and immediately loaded up Linux, but I'm having issues with a few things and hours on IRC and forums haven't solved enough of the issues... Luckily I was able to download a Windows 10 ISO from Dell's website, I had to register this machine to my Dell account and I was able to download it... I ended up putting it to a flash drive, installed it on here, and then put the flash drive in an envelope and stuck it in my filing cabinet.

Software is expensive... I am fortunate enough to be a student and I have access to Microsoft Office Pro Plus from school, I am given access to the latest version but I installed 2013 on this machine just to remain compatible. I use OneNote for class notes and personal notes and journaling, and I save a lot of things to my OneDrive account... and I just don't want to have issues. Being a student I get access to a lot of software discounts.

Right now I am having a debate if I want to get on EQ Live with their Free to Play model, being that I should have a silver account because way back I paid that one time fee... or get into P99. I'm still trying to figure which one would be best. I loved EQ in the past because you can group up and make so many new friends.

It is a shame Titanium is so expensive for boxed sets on Amazon and eBay.

Well, I'll see you all on P99 or EQ Live eventually. I'm just setting this computer up then I have to tackle my home office. It's a mess.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

er if you have an M$ product sticker on your laptop, or a product code card somewhere, just download the ISO directly from the M$ support site. That way you don't have Dell bloatware. You can still get any missing drivers, but likely it'll have them. Linux is pretty solid (I like Ubuntu the best atm), but a newer computer may have driver issues. Should always test first before an install, like from a usb flash drive. If it works, and you have an ssd drive, it's just so nice (like 2 sec cold start to full load). imo an ideal OS for a laptop, one that doesn't sit at home all the time and then that may use public wifi sometimes.

arr m8e, just take a sailboat to the bay. Play both, no one cares. Some people even play red and blue at the same time. I don't think many here play live though.. they really are imo two different games.