Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Default Kiting old way or new??

Is there any info on whether or not dot dmg and Root/snare not stacking will be changed back at all? This mainly applies to caster and kiting classes. I had heard rumor anyway 4 weeks ago that it would be changed back, because it was live for a month then revamped back to the old way.

This new method of rooting mobs to get full DOT dmg or fear kiting is rough with the pathing mobs take.

I'm only asking because when i made my druid and necro on live it was velious era, and i never saw a loss of dot dmg because i aggro kited and not fear kite or root rot the mobs.

Any info would help me alot, or pointing me in the direction of the thread that explains it. Thank you all... Enjoy!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFriend99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any info on whether or not dot dmg and Root/snare not stacking will be changed back at all? This mainly applies to caster and kiting classes. I had heard rumor anyway 4 weeks ago that it would be changed back, because it was live for a month then revamped back to the old way.

This new method of rooting mobs to get full DOT dmg or fear kiting is rough with the pathing mobs take.

I'm only asking because when i made my druid and necro on live it was velious era, and i never saw a loss of dot dmg because i aggro kited and not fear kite or root rot the mobs.

Any info would help me alot, or pointing me in the direction of the thread that explains it. Thank you all... Enjoy!
I dont think itll be changed for awhile. If you are a necro, fighting just becomes a bit more inefficient. I feel for druids though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Sometime down the line, root and snare will be changed into different effects and will then stack again. You can find the patch message from back in the day if you look. I'm not sure about the dot damage, so I won't speculate.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Large Rat

A question I have regarding DoT's. I can't remember when multiple people casting the same DoT and having them stack was implemented, can anyone recall?
Old 06-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

On live you wouldn't have seen a loss of damage because on live-classic those numbers weren't reported to you anyways....

Edit: Multiple DoTs from different people was a luclin change.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread