Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Darkpaw Games are now the owners of the EQ IP.

Do you think Daybreak prioritized including their agreement with p99 when they sold it, or do you think they didn't give a shit, and Darkpaw has no reason to honour any contract the prior company had?

I saw the quote where Darkpaw said so long as p99 doesn't make any more servers, they don't much care what they do, and that's pretty much where we're at.
So in reality if the contract strictly states something along the lines of not allowed to create any new servers then they simply just move all toons off green to blue. Then green remains and restarts. Everquest classic seasonal system. Server is fresh being without characters. Contract remains in place and is not broken. They said they cant start any new servers. Dunno if that contract covers can we just move everyone and restart this server.
Old Today, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Darkpaw Games are now the owners of the EQ IP.

Do you think Daybreak prioritized including their agreement with p99 when they sold it, or do you think they didn't give a shit, and Darkpaw has no reason to honour any contract the prior company had?

I saw the quote where Darkpaw said so long as p99 doesn't make any more servers, they don't much care what they do, and that's pretty much where we're at.
Ok so as a lawyer let me clarify something. My first point was going to be that an IP owner would never do a "verbal" agreement, there's always be a written contract, but we've clarified that one exists so put that to the side.

There's no "prioritizing including the agreement". Usually contracts, especially IP contracts, will have a provision that clarifies the agreement goes with whoever the IP gets assigned to in the future...this is important clarity both for the party who is getting the ability to use the IP (i.e., P99) but especially important for the party allowing the IP to be used (Daybreak/Darkpaw) because you'll want to ensure that if you assign your business to another company that that company maintains the ability to enforce the provisions of the contract about their IP.

As I've mentioned previously, there are also various defenses that P99 could employ should Darkpaw ever try to not honor the contractual agreement.

As for your last point, you claim you've "seen" this quote yet you also freely admitted in this thread that you can't provide a link to/source for it. So I think we can throw that quote in the trash at this point unless someone has a link to an official communication from Darkpaw.