Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

you can solo in eq, and not just the solo classes, if you really want to just hop on for a little bit and kill at your leisure theres nothing stopping that. I solod my war to 42 here on p99 no issues.

was it as fast, reliable, or safe as a necro or druid no it wasn't but It was doable, faster than grouping would have been.

the biggest thing about games that promote group group group is that they want to have a good community not a nice little community over here and a bunch of soloers who don't care just don't screw with me, and it does nothing but cause strife.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-14-2014, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Not a fan of the stretch goals...if we don't pass 800k we don't get 70% of the game apparently.

4.7m to get EQ
Last edited by citizen1080; 01-14-2014 at 12:20 AM..
Old 01-14-2014, 01:11 AM
Banned

They are making this game in Unity3d
Old 01-14-2014, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

wasn't really sold, but i'm extremely sceptical cause i know brad knows what to say to excite you, yet he has really never delivered since everquest and everquest might just have been a fluke.

not liking the animations/graphics i see, it looks like another mmorpg where they have spent way to much resources on the graphics, i'd prefer if someone made a mmorpg with minecraft type graphics cause graphics doesn't do shit for me in a rpg/mmorpg it's all about the content and gameplay/how it runs. if i have high resolution and shit runs at 50fps i ain't interested.

who knows but as the endless sceptic i'm gonna go ahead and say this is just gonna be another generic mmo title to grace my bookshelf

prove me wrong brad!
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:45 AM
Large Rat

backed it. The only thing I don't like too much is that the background story sounds a little bit alien for me. Anyway I think is the most promising game that I 've heard in years
Old 01-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Sarnak

Mounts.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Hey I've started a guild site for anyone who would like to get together and theory craft, and or drool over the waiting of the game. I'd like to start a good community so when the game releases we can all rely on eachother. If you are interested check us out at http://risenkingspantheon.guildlaunch.com/. The guild name is Risen Kings which I feel fits well with the Pantheon lore. If you would like to help out or have suggestions on how to make the site better please let me know.
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 01-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

the graphics are unity placeholder, you shouldn't like them. It would be nice if they actually put that somewhere on the kickstarter so people would have some clue
Old 01-14-2014, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

everything looks on track, excited to see results and help fund !
Old 01-14-2014, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

to clarify -- you dont get billed on kickstarter unless a project meets its funding goal

So if it fails (doesnt reach 800k)..theres no money to get back as you never actually get billed in the first place.

Also -- as to the timeline to collect funds, having longer timelines actually HURTS kickstarters statistically past a certain point. Basically if projects have more time to be funded people lose enthusiasm or sit on the sidelines with their $$$ and never come back. 40 days should be plenty to get 800,000 if this project has any chance at all -- and if an MMO kickstarter by brad mcquaid cant raise the 800k in 40 days the project has no chance to begin with.

The projects already up to 50k in the second day...thats a fairly good sign the project has a chance to fund. Now all that said..trying to make an MMO on 800k is fairly questionable. Expectations should be kept low =)

Still..even a remote possibility of them succeeding and making a game that appeals to people like us (who like things like classic EQ) is enough for me to throw my money at it and be excited! Self funding markedly reduces the amount of money the game needs to make to be successful and leaves the developer totally in control of the product, and that's certainly got me excited.
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Closed Thread