Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

Mages were low lvl pvp monsters on rZ when it first started
Old 09-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwriter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages were low lvl pvp monsters on rZ when it first started
yeah... yeah they were. they still would be, even if the pet resists were nerfed a bit. it's overkill right now.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

mages are just gonna completely own ppl early on... gotta face it, if you nerf their pet resist rates so that you can resist even with zero mr gear they would be entirely useless later in the game.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloinz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mages are just gonna completely own ppl early on... gotta face it, if you nerf their pet resist rates so that you can resist even with zero mr gear they would be entirely useless later in the game.
The player based root should stick more or at least equally. That's the real problem. I'm not sure that nerfing or changing the mage pet is wrong. Null is on point with bringing players to the arena for testing, speculation is only good to a certain point.

This is only complaints at the lowest level. Wait until higher levels, new complaints will arise.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloinz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ nail on head.

You guys remind me of WoW forums. Omg so and so class owns me (even tho we are only lvl 12). It happens man. some classes are better than others at certain levels. Just the way it is, and should be.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
oh you mean kinda like exactly how PC roots are right now?
Old 09-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ nail on head.

You guys remind me of WoW forums. Omg so and so class owns me (even tho we are only lvl 12). It happens man. some classes are better than others at certain levels. Just the way it is, and should be.
You're just wrong. The entire point of this server is to emulate classic pvp. We are supposed to give feedback based on things that are not like classic. In classic, earth pet root rarely landed and was not a reliable source of rooting someone.

You are right when you say "some classes are better than others at certain levels". But you are incorrect when you apply this logic to keep in things that are not like how they were on live. You also act like low level pvp is no big deal. That's an incredibly ignorant viewpoint if you want to attract ANY new players. No new player is going to stick around if mage pets are this effective in pvp for the first 20 levels.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimblerot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic, earth pet root rarely landed and was not a reliable source of rooting someone.
and how does a mage expect to get anywhere on EQ?
gate all the time? if so they would have been considered the weakest class to play..and we all know that isnt true. no matter how much you want to believe that.

mage cant heal, sow themselves to run far enough away to cast long cast time nukes or dispells/debuffs
they cant root/snare/darkness/blind/stun

mages have always been OP
and thats because their pets are OP

Ive played mages on VZ and my roots landed enough to win most 1v1 battles even alot of 2v1 battles.
it wasnt until later levels, like 45-55 that i had to start swappin in the air pet on casters who could nuke my low HP in a few casts
then ofc epic pet rocked!

I do believe that the roots should scale tho..and maybe that might be off?
but here on beta with naked low levels, roots should stick most the time.

only times i ever had a problem was when i was engaged with a higher level or with a twink who was wearing alot of resist gear.
in those cases you run circles or lead a chase until root finally does stick and you have a chance at winning.(if you dont nuke the root off)
and they did seem to wear off according to a resist check.. roots on twinks and higher levels seemed to wear off fairly quick. while low characters and scrubs would die before root wore off.
so again, maybe the scale is off if low mages are stickin higher levels for full duration

but it still makes me wonder wtf these people played that state pet abilities NEVER landed
my recollections from playing a mage, are that i was rockin most of the time lol

even when i recall playing my druid vs a mage..
i recall resisting 2-3 stuns before stun landed (minus epic pet)
and i didnt care about root pet, cept i would need to root the pet and move away. then when root landed he was over there and i was over here.
but i usually outhealed the first nuke (maybe 2 nukes if air pet kept stunning me) before i was done applying dots..
then run oor to heal and outcast him with faster nukes = druid wins
imo, the pets are annoying because they DO land
but most classes (besides melee who need to chop a mage down between roots and ignore the pet) can win if you play smart and CC the pet first
(not kill it you noobs!)

but therin lies the problem.. and maybe why this thread is here
player roots/snares are not landing
without the ability for some classes to CC the pet. the pet and mage are going to steamroll everyone

once player root/snare has been fixed and we can CC pets
we can swap threads about how OP that is on all of us lowbie undergeared players
Old 09-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Fire Giant

lvl 4 earth elemental successfully chain rooting a lvl 24 pc - yeah nothing's broken
Old 10-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mages have always been OP
On emulators with broken code? Yes. With your epic pet? Yes.

On live? They were one of the worst pvp classes until you got your epic. I played one from VZ classic item loot until late Velious. You had no utility in pvp, bards could charm your pet then uncharm it and it would poof, your pet didn't zone, but you could solo mobs well.

You're just making shit up. Pet root should land rarely unless there is a huge level disparity between the pet and the target.
Closed Thread