Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Kobold

Default Should i re-roll?

I currently have a 40 gnome necro who i love playing based on my current play times but want so badly to be an iksar lol. Do you think it is worth it to start all over? The regen would be another huge reason but mostly just because i love the way they look.

Why didn't i roll one originally you ask? Because when I got this account a long time ago the necro was a gnome at level 30 so i just continued from there!

All opinions welcome! Thanks.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Nebi

just do it. do it before you get too deep in.

Kuchiki Rukia[60 Enchanter] <Transatlantic Rampage> Banned for Richgirl RMT. Remember 11.29.2011
Old 05-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

You've only put ten levels in. Don't put in the 20 hardest levels if you don't think the race is the one you want to stick with.

Just transfer a bunch of HP items from your gnome and you should be back to 40 easily.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Kobold

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. What is he best choice for where to put my starting stats? I know iksars have low int so should i put 20 into int 10 into sta?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

I don't think sta has much of a return overall for int casters, so I personally would go +10 str or something for carry weight rather than that, or maybe just all int. But I am no necro expert.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I got this account a long time ago the necro was a gnome at level 30
yeah, go ahead and reroll. not to get too sentimental and gay, but this game is a lot more fun when it's the character you named, created, leveled and accomplished.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Greetings!

First off, to your question about starting stats, I made a post in this thread (http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=149985) about what you want to consider when giving yourself stats. Don't worry about strength for carrying capacity, as that's only a temporary issue. Get stats that are going to make you a better necromancer. That's stamina and intelligence.

Right now, as an Iksar, if you consider just Kunark gear, you should go 110 int/75 sta (+25 int, +5 sta). This is because Int gives you ~10 mana per point up to 200, and ~6 mana per point up to 255. Stamina nets you only ~2 health per point up ot 200. However, in Velious, it intelligence on high end gear inflates, and so it is easier to hit 255. All int past 255 is wasted stat allocation. So, what I basically say in the other thread is that you need to consider how far you plan to go with your necromancer. Intelligence/mana is useful in situations, just as health is useful in situations. Do you think you'll play to get the top gear where you'll cap int? Or do you think you'll be only moderately geared where you wont be capping int? Consider that.

Ultimately, I sided with the conservative 110int/75sta Iksar build, because the loss at full BIS (according to wiki list) is only losing a potential of 28 HP. That isn't something that is a problem to me. You can't really know what gear you're going to get, and the gear you get determines how much stamina you want. I wouldn't put stats into stamina unless your int is going to be over 255, as int will always net you more stat in the end, and there are better ways to get your health pool stacked.

On to your main question: Yes. Reroll now. Do not wait until you're level 60 with EoT & No Drops to reroll. Do it now, and enjoy the glorious FD animation and the cool robes model. Faction can be fixed easily, you can bank anywhere on an Iksar because of Feign Death, you can buy stalking probes. With circlet, you have no issue getting through guards at all, etc. Really, the only thing you lose is being able to face plant and see through walls.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 05-08-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Old 05-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Kobold

Best necro on the server is a gnome sooooooooooooooo yahhhhhh
Old 05-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

I have a 57 necro (gnome, started during vanilla) and a 35 necro. I use the 57 to break camps before logging over to the 35 in some cases. I also just leave the 57 camped at money camps to check for rare pops on occasion.

Plus, lotta fun to be had lvling a necro 20-50.

Edit:
My iskar is 15str/15int and I don't regret it one bit.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 05-08-2014 at 12:23 PM..
Old 05-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Banned

Or you could be a gnome and just enjoy going about anywhere you want.
Closed Thread