Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 10:04 PM
Fire Giant

lol at this guy complainin there aren't two big guilds on the server after making sure that there wouldnt be
Old 12-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

I would actually play more here if there was a solid choice other than being an outcast or a zerg. (Not meaning that's a bad thing if you like those settings)

I missed the days of Eternal Light. Was a decent up and coming guild that got absorbed up.

I do like the Casual Scum guys. Great attitude win or lose with them from what I have seen.

Bullseye- Ranger God's Work
Godspeed- Bard God's Work
Old 12-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Banned

this time around the meaningful content is actually difficult, and the dominant guild has primal weapons and their core actually has a gear advantage

i don't think there will be any "competition" aside from smaller guilds trying easy/shitty mobs while we freefarm mobs like vulak

sure, it would be cool with 2 top end guilds going at it on a balanced playing field, but velious is not the expansion for that, and the population cannot sustain that

not to mention, it's the same repeat-failures leading the opposing guilds
Old 12-11-2015, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

People will continue playing until they can no longer progress in their favoured setting. Its primarily a game about getting pixuls bruhs
Old 12-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People will continue playing until they can no longer progress in their favoured setting. Its primarily a game about getting pixuls bruhs
Yeah, this is 100% correct. I think Velious offers a much better opportunity than classic or Kunark though for a smaller guild to see continuous gains, even if the reality is they are falling even further behind the top geared players.

The biggest mistake that a lot of the larger up and coming guilds that have failed here have made is trying to compete directly with a force that is larger, better equipped and is more active. The reality of the situation, as Colgate stated above, is that the limiting factor to this server is low population and that has always been the case. Empire is no bigger than most of the top tier guilds that were on EQ live servers. The difference is on those servers you had literally 5-10x the playerbase to draw from if not more.

Plus there is the fact that every time there has been a battle on R99 where more than 100 players are involved the entire zone turns into a laggy desyncing shithole that isn't fun for anyone. Even if by some stroke of amazing luck another rival guild of similar size to Empire happened along, the mass PVP would be so frustrating it would probably lead to more people quitting than joining in the fun.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this time around the meaningful content is actually difficult, and the dominant guild has primal weapons and their core actually has a gear advantage

i don't think there will be any "competition" aside from smaller guilds trying easy/shitty mobs while we freefarm mobs like vulak

sure, it would be cool with 2 top end guilds going at it on a balanced playing field, but velious is not the expansion for that, and the population cannot sustain that

not to mention, it's the same repeat-failures leading the opposing guilds
i will disagree with you there friend

if friends decided that avoiding YT wasn't their #1 priority and actually invited people they could be sniping meaningful mobs left and right considering empire's ultra casual friendly raid schedule, which would narrow the gear gap, but they are too proud (in a lot of cases too delusional) to do so

mobs off the top of my head that are left up that friends could be killing:

everything in kael -aow
dozekar
basically everything in ntov that isn't aaryonar or vyemm
wtov

so yeah like basically the whole expansion, god knows they can box enough clerics
Old 12-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Let's be honest here, if Friends started dropping the majority of those mobs they'd no longer sit up for days nor would they get uncontested shots at it.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

How does one get away with boxing? Isn't it easy to catch?
Old 12-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's be honest here, if Friends started dropping the majority of those mobs they'd no longer sit up for days nor would they get uncontested shots at it.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Leadership like what Colgate touched on is the other major factor.

The only ones that are willing to lead are not really cut out to do so. And lets face it, the rest of us don't want a second job.

This game was not meant for pvp as we have proven time and time again by the lopsided pve based guilds that end up running the show and only log in to loot shineys, not to pvp.

To be honest I do not know why anyone would choose blue over red currently for raiding. All it takes is an application here and the ability to show up to get any gear you could want. Most people I think would love that.

Bullseye- Ranger God's Work
Godspeed- Bard God's Work
Closed Thread