Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Crap, sorry.

I must have been doing a search and when saw Kunark discussion I assumed it was recent... I looked at the first post being in March but ignored the day and year. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Kobold

I want to note here about the Shackle of Scale. I know you guys(devs) do not take anything from alla because of all the wrong info that was posted on there. But this is different. On the link listed earlier in this thread.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=189

That one.

There is a lot of BS posted by people about the shackle. But what I wanted to note is that there is a post on July 7th 2000 Titled

"Way to Hard"

It says

"For a nine AC bracer....you have to defeat a Gem Oracle (easy), kill the head bloodgill (very hard), and beat Venril Sathir (unbelievably hard). What a crappy quest."

Now this is a statement of how "crappy" the return for effort is for this quest. Not whether or not it was in the game or broken because no one is going to take the time to point out something like that if its not in the game. Second the guy was wrong you dont have to kill VS you just had to wait for him to be killed because the item was sitting in his room not on his body.

Also I want to note that no one can go in and edit the time stamp of the post. You guys might not find it worth the time to put this quest in the game but I wanted to clairfy that the shackle of scale was in the game and it was not a broken quest and that it was never meant to be tynnonium.

I looked through the patch notes around this time all the way back to the release of kunark and nothing is there saying where or not it was removed or add. Now because not all of the quests were found right away its very likely that these few post around the date of july 2000 were among the first people to discover and finish this quest.

Now this I know for a fact. I started playing in Jan, 16th 2001, and I personally did the shackle of scale quest once I could FD. Monk was not my first class, so it was a month or so after I got bored with my wizard whos creation date was the 1/16/01 when I started and I did do this quest on my monk. I have no way to prove my experience to you because I dont have any screen shots from back then but from what I have shown you, you should be able to see that it was indeed in the game at this time.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:50 AM
Orc

Nice necro. Don't understand why this was the right thread for your post.