Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Banned

Faster
Old 10-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

As of yesterday, I couldn't LoS high lvl mage bolt.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As of yesterday, I couldn't LoS high lvl mage bolt.
Same.

Also as previously posted they were much faster on live. The "dissapation" we are seeing seems to be random.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Fire Giant

Update: Bolt speed is definitely more accurate. Nice job!

Still getting random "dissipation". I will try to fraps it so you can see how it is viewed from my screen. Looks like the bolt is trying to hit the front of the mob/pc rather than any angle (back,side, etc).

here is a video i made of the delay. You can kind of see a light source behind the bolt. Not sure what that is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luxOdPZ1h4w
Last edited by Silikten; 10-07-2011 at 03:52 AM..
Old 10-07-2011, 04:51 AM
Fire Giant

Also, does anyone else remembering being able to stack bolts on a wall because you didnt need LOS, then when they rounded the corner they would eat like 4 bolts?
Old 10-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Kobold

man people need to start showing some proof of "this is how it was on live". stuff im hearing seems so far fetched, yet it is being changed in game from what seems to me as some kids foggy memories of his level 20 main on live back in the day
Old 10-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

I specifically remember stacking bolts. But it might of been luclin era. That is why I asked. I played during Kunark to level 85 cap. Kind of had TONS of changes ><
Old 10-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can bolts get blocked by other players on red99? On live i think if you step in front of a bolt that wasnt intended for you, you got wtfnuked. Im remembering correctly right? I think the same thing happened with arrows
On live you could point your mage at something way off and cast bolt; it acted like a projectile and would hit if the bolt passed through whatever you were aimed at.

It also would get blocked by players. This is one of the main reasons mages used conjuration as their specialization because using bolts were useless most of the time. Nothing like sitting through a 8 second cast to have someone step in front of your bolt and eat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:25 AM
Fire Giant

finally made a video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey7RV...ature=youtu.be
Old 11-01-2011, 03:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon
Ok here is some fresh/hot info straight from Al'kabor about bolts:

-It is impossible to hit myself with a bolt spell. I can cast it with me as a target, but it will never land on myself.

-I could cast a bolt on my alt, and then use a fast cast noob nuke on myself and my nuke would land and then the bolt would land on my alt. I.E. your bolt can be traveling through the air to your target and its not going to mess up your current cast. You can cast multiple bolts too, lets you front load a bunch of damage on a mob (or player!) before they agro you.

-I CAN cast bolt with NO target. The bolt will then shoot out in a straight line in the direction I'm facing. The bolt WILL hit my alt in its path, even though I've not targetted anything.

-I can stand with my back to my alt, and target her and still use bolts. I.E. you dont have to "face" your target with bolts.

-I can confirm that bolts can hit unintended targets on its route to its target.

-IF you cast on a target in range at the end of your casting time (i.e. you have them on your actual target window), them backing off out of range wont save them from the bolt. I tried a dozen times to do the same without having the alt on target window, but the "wild bolt" never gets to them when they back up out of range. This was all done in a very long straight and obsticle-less giant hallway. This was not done with a bard running a million miles away at top speed, but confirms that the bolt will travel farther then the base 300 unit range if an actual target is used who then moves farther then 300 away.

I can verify all of the above quickly to any GM who wants to log into Al'kabor.
In all my years of playing a Mage, I agree with his findings.