Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Banned

Hi. Extremely experienced druid here. Level 55 druid on Xev, 60 on Sullon Zek, 60 on Kane Bayle, 65 on Stromm, 60 on VZTZ, 60 on P99.

I'm going to let you all in on the secret: druids aren't very good. They're one of the weakest classes for grouping, with mediocre buffs, heals and nukes. They have no raid role whatsoever. They're not even very good scouts. In fact, as far as I can tell, druid track on P99 has too big of a range and it should be nerfed. Druids are laughably bad in pvp.

Druids are basically good at two things: powerleveling other characters up to level 20-30 depending on class and popping around the world farming greens and light blues. That's pretty much it. Quad kiting isn't bad, but be ready for 10-15 minutes of meding in between each quad.

Why, you might ask, do I play a druid? I have no idea. If you want to be powerful, make an enchanter, a bard, or a necro.

Have a nice day!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Banned

i love sow too much to reroll necro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi. Extremely experienced druid here. Level 55 druid on Xev, 60 on Sullon Zek, 60 on Kane Bayle, 65 on Stromm, 60 on VZTZ, 60 on P99.

I'm going to let you all in on the secret: druids aren't very good. They're one of the weakest classes for grouping, with mediocre buffs, heals and nukes. They have no raid role whatsoever. They're not even very good scouts. In fact, as far as I can tell, druid track on P99 has too big of a range and it should be nerfed. Druids are laughably bad in pvp.

Druids are basically good at two things: powerleveling other characters up to level 20-30 depending on class and popping around the world farming greens and light blues. That's pretty much it. Quad kiting isn't bad, but be ready for 10-15 minutes of meding in between each quad.

Why, you might ask, do I play a druid? I have no idea. If you want to be powerful, make an enchanter, a bard, or a necro.

Have a nice day!
Druids during classic - Velious (velious especially... was terrabad) aren't all that great. Only reason I play one is because I did originally + ease of transportation.

PvP, Mediocre Heals/Buffs/DPS, and little desirability in group game all stays true for about... ~ half of EQs life. But the later half of EQLive, that the majority of you never played, druids are awesome in all those categories if you know what you're doing.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Aviak

Default fun

This druid talk makes me nostalgic about fun times in PoJ... fun in PoJ seems impossible, I know.
When it was actually a populated zone full of people asking/demanding/begging for trial runs, I used to enjoy kiting the High Guardian of Justice mobs around the zone. While it was great xp, the most fun was freaking out the fresh PoP initiates at the PoJ zoneout.

-John Keats

Reynard Cunningfox
Old 03-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Kobold

I never understood why there are so many druids. Sure they can port, but other than that they suck.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Orc

Druids have a lot of appeal to people who like to help other players out. Between ports, SoW, DS, heals and other buffs, you have a lot of tools to make a lot of tasks less painful for others. Added to that the ability to solo well when there are no groups open, and to slot into various roles in groups when you can find one, even if Druid isnt the most ideal choice, it's pretty easy to see why they are so popular.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

mfw Droods can solo Undertow

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Stay free P99
Old 03-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Banned

I think the big appeal is that Spirit of Wolf and Ensnare combine to make it almost impossible to die unless you're doing something super stupid. Even if you do die, you're back in a hurry.

I would disagree that druids can solo "well." Let's just say that druids can solo, unless you're talking about quad-kiting, which I will agree is fairly nice experience, though not as good as a balanced chain pulling group.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

number 1 reason people play druids

to sell ports to other people to make PP to buy items for another toon

druid is a good class to start with if you dont want to be broke
Old 03-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

Hey don't forget that druids have it pretty good here on p99. As if the spells you cast in your OP weren't wasteful enough root and snare shouldn't even overlap (snare breaks root, root breaks snare) until just after velious

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html (Jan 9th 2001)
Closed Thread