Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engraverwilliam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My choice for this playstyle (hardly time to play) is a monk. Getting my mend skilled up then will get fiend death will allow me to crawl some dungeons alone when i get that urge to go inside. I used to live in Dalnir on Live.
Im curious, I always though monk were damage dealer and that they cannot solo. I mean on live i never saw Solo monk. It is also true that I played a warrior from classic to luclin so I did not get the chance to wander off without a group often to see that kind of thing lol
Old 04-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

For bards:

I started kiting at lvl7. As long as you have selos, you can kite. It just gets much easier at 18.

For gear: I'm using some hand-me-down MM drums and "a horn". The horn is off a bard guild merchant and the drums I think sell for 100pp-ish in EC, maybe even less. Lute of gypsy princesses (pretty close name), also sells for 100pp-ish (or hand-me-down) and is useful for your L2 chords dot. But honestly, you can pick up some drum/lute/horn from the bard vendor that has a 1.8-2.0 mod (lute and MM drums are like 2.1 mods) and be 90% as effective. As far as armor, you can kite naked if you want to, armor just helps you when you do get hit (which once you get to OT range (20s-30s), if you get hit you're probably going to get stunned and die whether you have full singing steel/lambent or not).

Here is where I have leveled so far. Its not definitive by any means (like there is a good derv camp in WC I didn't mention).
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...09&postcount=8

You were also wondering if you would feel progress with the bard: Yes, yes you will. If you think soloing as a necro is the fast-lane to higher levels, then bard AE kiting is like taking a personal helicopter. I challenge any other class to tell me they did 37-39 in 2hrs or less (I did them in 1.5hrs, but the server gods blessed last Sunday night with 25% bonus exp.).
Old 04-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im curious, I always though monk were damage dealer and that they cannot solo. I mean on live i never saw Solo monk. It is also true that I played a warrior from classic to luclin so I did not get the chance to wander off without a group often to see that kind of thing lol
They are damage dealers, they deal very high damage and also have good defensive capabilities. They solo typically by finding mobs that they can DPS down faster then the mob can DPS them down. Then using bandages/mend to decrease their downtime and do it again. They won't be as effective at is as any of the other classes mentioned and are much more gear dependent on doing it effectively. Bandaging gets better as you get higher level and the xp range on mobs is larger. Until you hit 51 you wanna find mobs that you can kill reliably while taking less than 50% of your hp (the cap on how high you can bandage so you can bandage up to 50% and then use mend as your oh-shi button).

If you can get a Tstaff and a CoF with a Fungi tunic or robe (until the robe is nerfed) you'd be able to solo incredibly fast due to the tstaffs high damage and stun proc. Taking mobs out swiftly and preventing them from hitting you as much and then regening it fast via equipment regen, bandages, and mend. Throw in a pre-nerf fungi staff for a combined +30 hp/tick to really be swift about recovery.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 04-19-2011 at 02:51 PM..
Old 04-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For bards:

I started kiting at lvl7. As long as you have selos, you can kite. It just gets much easier at 18.

For gear: I'm using some hand-me-down MM drums and "a horn". The horn is off a bard guild merchant and the drums I think sell for 100pp-ish in EC, maybe even less. Lute of gypsy princesses (pretty close name), also sells for 100pp-ish (or hand-me-down) and is useful for your L2 chords dot. But honestly, you can pick up some drum/lute/horn from the bard vendor that has a 1.8-2.0 mod (lute and MM drums are like 2.1 mods) and be 90% as effective. As far as armor, you can kite naked if you want to, armor just helps you when you do get hit (which once you get to OT range (20s-30s), if you get hit you're probably going to get stunned and die whether you have full singing steel/lambent or not).

Here is where I have leveled so far. Its not definitive by any means (like there is a good derv camp in WC I didn't mention).
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...09&postcount=8

You were also wondering if you would feel progress with the bard: Yes, yes you will. If you think soloing as a necro is the fast-lane to higher levels, then bard AE kiting is like taking a personal helicopter. I challenge any other class to tell me they did 37-39 in 2hrs or less (I did them in 1.5hrs, but the server gods blessed last Sunday night with 25% bonus exp.).
I will definitly try that out and see if it is for me !
Thanks on that information. I will go the EC and see if i can get a few instrument otherwise ill get those from vendor !
Old 04-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are damage dealers, they deal very high damage and also have good defensive capabilities. They solo typically by finding mobs that they can DPS down faster then the mob can DPS them down. Then using bandages/mend to decrease their downtime and do it again. They won't be as effective at is as any of the other classes mentioned and are much more gear dependent on doing it effectively. Bandaging gets better as you get higher level and the xp range on mobs is larger. Until you hit 51 you wanna find mobs that you can kill reliably while taking less than 50% of your hp (the cap on how high you can bandage so you can bandage up to 50% and then use mend as your oh-shi button).

If you can get a Tstaff and a CoF with a Fungi tunic or robe (until the robe is nerfed) you'd be able to solo incredibly fast due to the tstaffs high damage and stun proc. Taking mobs out swiftly and preventing them from hitting you as much and then regening it fast via equipment regen, bandages, and mend. Throw in a pre-nerf fungi staff for a combined +30 hp/tick to really be swift about recovery.
Ahah Nice! I remember back in the day seing some pretty nice thing being done with a fungi tunic. Even for shaman and warrior it was a good tunic!
Though I would need a lot of pp to be able to buy those. Monk is still an idea but I would maybe need to wait until i can buy some gear for him.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Just to clarify, the tunic isn't required it just speeds things up a lot. You just need to have good DPS and a lot of bandages to solo as a monk. So any of the 2handed weapons they have that are near a 1/1 dmg/delay ratio, or a pair of high damage 1hbs with a strong proc (wus quiver staff i think procs a 80dmg nuke with ministun). Then gear yourself out in AC/Hp/Str gear and you're set.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Aviak

In that logic, if I create a monk I should go for iksar for the increased hp regen?

Then try to get good weapon. and if i still have pp or as I get more pp buy wu's item.

If anyone has any though on the shaman side I would be interested!!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Aviak

Something that im thinking.

If i go bard and aoe kite my way around. Will I end up with probleme melee'ing? I mean it's not like i would practice defense and melee'ing skill that much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or it's kind of easy to just level out later on!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Just from my experience of being the in same boat Nokio.. I play a Monk, but only get 30 mins or so to play... and the leveling is dreadfully slow, and I have "decent" gear (two enameled black maces, HP items, AC items, etc). I can only kill a few things, use Mend, and then log off.. it's just super slow. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my Monk, definitely my favorite character to play and level! But a group is far more efficient for a monk, or bothering a 40+ druid/shaman/mag for a buff or two to help you solo.

A necro, bard or mage would serve you better for that short amount of time I would imagine. Just reading this makes me want to start up a mage because I haven't leveled barely at all on my Monk (i'm like level 16)... ah well.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something that im thinking.

If i go bard and aoe kite my way around. Will I end up with probleme melee'ing? I mean it's not like i would practice defense and melee'ing skill that much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or it's kind of easy to just level out later on!
I imagine you could keep them up by just doing a couple regular melee fights every few levels.

Maybe once you finish swarming in one zone and a lot of the mobs are light blue, pull out a sword/mace & melee a couple of them down. Your skills will raise up pretty quickly (no real need to max them, just keep them up within 10-20 of skill cap). Then you can move on afterwards.

Red99

Closed Thread