Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Default State of the server

Time for someone who isn’t a forum troll to sum up where the server is and to request help from staff in a normal fashion.

TLDR: Rogean, please tell us what it would take to get you more engaged please (seeing you post today is a small ray of hope!), there are a lot of people that are looking to you to throw us a bone or two. Server is in trouble and needs help, there’s a reason so many holo’s are mad, but I know that there are still plenty of people that are having fun.

Here is my random drivel on issues going on:

1. Not enough gm’s to comprehensively police the current rules. They can only catch some of the rule breakers, but to my knowledge, every instance that they have seen or have evidence of rules being broken, they take action in an appropriate fashion. There has been no favoritism from Amelinda or Sirken. All guilds have members that have been suspended for various infractions. No guilds have purely clean whistles.

2. Rogean has not been engaged with this project over the last ~3-4 months. This has unfortunately impacted the server negatively in several ways:
2a. He banned holocaust for 2 weeks for employing the same strategy Nihilum used and got away with. I believe this is the root of holocaust’s bitterness and self pity – justified and unfortunate. This is the single event that in my opinion was not “fair” (which was driven by Rogean, not Amelinda or Sirken). I don’t think this was by design, just the nature of circumstances that this was what he witnessed when he logged in. I imagine had he logged into Nihilum doing it at that time, the tables would have been turned.
2b. Server has been stagnating in terms of progression. Classic timeline at an accelerated pace is very soon going to be meaningless.
2c. Lack of communication. There has been no communication regarding progression, server improvements, rules, etc. When people hear nothing they assume the worst, and when nothing is said to placate their fears, they continue spreading negative rumors to the detriment of the server. We should be always having ongoing dialogue around server feedback, trialing new ideas to increase population, getting people excited for the future.

3. Regarding training: holocaust does is about 10x more than anyone else, and it looks like the law of averages is starting to catch up to them. It was only a matter of time. If people continue to train, they will eventually get caught, regardless of the guild (Holo, FF, Nihil, or others) – it just happens that holocaust has way more members that do it than anyone else so they feel like staff is out to get them, but in reality they are just easier to catch since they do it more often

4. The trolls are outspoken. For every Illi, slathar, etc, there are 20 people who keep a low profile, have fun, enjoy pvp, and are a positive force on the serve

5. Even though pop isn’t too great, I will (and I’m sure others will) continue to play, as long as my friends keep playing and there is still fun pvp to be had every night

Staff members: please convince Rogean to give us another chance and interact with us around server improvement and progression. That is the key to the survival and potential growth to this server. There are many dedicated people that love this game and love to pvp who appreciate the existence of this project. Take a step back and look at the big picture, and if the trolls start clouding your judgement and perception, drop the banhammer, you don’t owe them shit.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Banned

didnt read, Dacuk is a known trainer and exploiter (2-boxing Andis)
Old 04-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time for someone who isn’t a forum troll to sum up where the server is and to request help from staff in a normal fashion.

TLDR: Rogean, please tell us what it would take to get you more engaged please (seeing you post today is a small ray of hope!), there are a lot of people that are looking to you to throw us a bone or two. Server is in trouble and needs help, there’s a reason so many holo’s are mad, but I know that there are still plenty of people that are having fun.

Here is my random drivel on issues going on:

1. Not enough gm’s to comprehensively police the current rules. They can only catch some of the rule breakers, but to my knowledge, every instance that they have seen or have evidence of rules being broken, they take action in an appropriate fashion. There has been no favoritism from Amelinda or Sirken. All guilds have members that have been suspended for various infractions. No guilds have purely clean whistles.

2. Rogean has not been engaged with this project over the last ~3-4 months. This has unfortunately impacted the server negatively in several ways:
2a. He banned holocaust for 2 weeks for employing the same strategy Nihilum used and got away with. I believe this is the root of holocaust’s bitterness and self pity – justified and unfortunate. This is the single event that in my opinion was not “fair” (which was driven by Rogean, not Amelinda or Sirken). I don’t think this was by design, just the nature of circumstances that this was what he witnessed when he logged in. I imagine had he logged into Nihilum doing it at that time, the tables would have been turned.
2b. Server has been stagnating in terms of progression. Classic timeline at an accelerated pace is very soon going to be meaningless.
2c. Lack of communication. There has been no communication regarding progression, server improvements, rules, etc. When people hear nothing they assume the worst, and when nothing is said to placate their fears, they continue spreading negative rumors to the detriment of the server. We should be always having ongoing dialogue around server feedback, trialing new ideas to increase population, getting people excited for the future.

3. Regarding training: holocaust does is about 10x more than anyone else, and it looks like the law of averages is starting to catch up to them. It was only a matter of time. If people continue to train, they will eventually get caught, regardless of the guild (Holo, FF, Nihil, or others) – it just happens that holocaust has way more members that do it than anyone else so they feel like staff is out to get them, but in reality they are just easier to catch since they do it more often

4. The trolls are outspoken. For every Illi, slathar, etc, there are 20 people who keep a low profile, have fun, enjoy pvp, and are a positive force on the serve

5. Even though pop isn’t too great, I will (and I’m sure others will) continue to play, as long as my friends keep playing and there is still fun pvp to be had every night

Staff members: please convince Rogean to give us another chance and interact with us around server improvement and progression. That is the key to the survival and potential growth to this server. There are many dedicated people that love this game and love to pvp who appreciate the existence of this project. Take a step back and look at the big picture, and if the trolls start clouding your judgement and perception, drop the banhammer, you don’t owe them shit.
Good post bro.

Also either get rid of the forums or hire someone like dacuk to moderate them and have posts approved before going public.

The forums are bad other than the trading hub and any relevant info from guides/gms
Old 04-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

I only skimmed the thread but the impression I get is big black boner.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Banned

The grand majority of people don't want to play on this server because it's them against a plethora of assholes.

TL;DR: ADD TEAMS
Old 04-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Aviak

Known trainer but good points. Need to be plenty of police or needs to be like orig eq where u need to have zone control. Training was part of EQ. Even as hard as u try not to train to get to certain parts in dungeons to pvp a group out its required to train away and sometimes u still get social aggro etc.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
didnt read, Dacuk is a known trainer and exploiter (2-boxing Andis)
no one has access to andis - you sir are retarded
Old 04-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Banned

Dacuk got shitstomped in last nites 8v8 o ya...

mad ff.jpg
Old 04-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

EXP x10 or GTFO Rogaine
Old 04-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Good post from OP.