Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Banned

I like this thread.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:54 AM
Sarnak

I remember making a barbarian, and then quitting after a few lvls because I was so blind. I stuck to races that could see after that.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

I remember making a human SK, and getting lost in the Freeport tunnels because it was so dark. I was running in random directions with a completely black screen (save the UI) hoping for a glimmer of light.

Camped out and refused to play a human/barb/eru for several years.

Red99
Old 08-06-2013, 01:59 AM
Aviak

Bought the game because my rl friend recommended it. Made an Erudite and played for 2 hours not being able to see in toxx. Uninstalled game and told my friend it was the worst game I had ever played. Glad I gave it a second chance 2 months later.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to get rid of the luclin UI, I think it's worth it to scrap the whole project, start anew on Velious client.

Down with luclin UI and its multichat and itemlinks.

Down with titanium client.
You're one of those people that purposely turns off the colour of their TV. Admit it.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

Yeahlight needs to hook up with Rogean and do some big things. EQ will never feel classic unless i can jackoff to my own avatar in my inventory window while i listen to the beautiful midi music.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get this funny feeling that we might be able to fix item links.

If we were able to bar the use of maps, why can't we bar the use of item links?

One of these days i'll download some source code and fiddle with it.

I WANT TO BELIEVE
I too feel like #3 and #4 are things that would be handled server side and not client side.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...When I first got my Mask of Deception it got me killed more than once because I was always using it for Ultravision.
I think my guild forgot my rogue really was a barbarian, as I lived in Illusion: Dark Elf always, just to see. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am no programming genius but I still think if one were to take a copy of the original box game (or perhaps the trilogy version) it would surely be easier to recreate an even closer doppelgaenger of classic than with Titanium. I will ship my copy to any enterprising programmer who is willing to try!

By accepting said copy of EverQuest Trilogy, programmer (hereafter known as the "acceptee") agrees to split any and all RMT (real-money trading) profits with provider of said copy of EverQuest Trilogy by an equal fifty percent. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichomachean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think my guild forgot my rogue really was a barbarian, as I lived in Illusion: Dark Elf always, just to see. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am no programming genius but I still think if one were to take a copy of the original box game (or perhaps the trilogy version) it would surely be easier to recreate an even closer doppelgaenger of classic than with Titanium. I will ship my copy to any enterprising programmer who is willing to try!

By accepting said copy of EverQuest Trilogy, programmer (hereafter known as the "acceptee") agrees to split any and all RMT (real-money trading) profits with provider of said copy of EverQuest Trilogy by an equal fifty percent. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hell I don't have the trilogy client but I have all my original install discs from Kunark to PoP and would be willing to donate if it helps make the game look and feel more classic, just let me know!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

When the server launched on '09 there was stamina loss. Insane and severe stamina loss. IIRC it caused the melee to swing at half speed...who already had like an 80% miss rate (and huge fail rates on skills!) while the mages AFK leveled. Truly the classic experience we all yearned for :P

They eventually scrapped that shit, never ended up working right. Nothing of value was lost.
Closed Thread