Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Schubert's Impromptu #4
I can play that one! I can play all the stuff from Op. 90 except No. 1 actually - great stuff! I learned the No. 3 in G-Flat first as a youth, picked up the others some time later. I adore Schubert. Schubert's Wanderer Fantasy Op. 15 is a personal favorite.

I've always wanted to learn that Chopin Ballade, Zagum! It is probably a little much for me at this point being slightly out of practice. I've only learned a couple of Chopin Preludes, Etudes, and Nocturnes - never got around to learning a Ballade, Scherzo, Mazurka, Waltz, or Sonata. The most recent Chopin I've learned is the Nocturne Op. 27 No. 1 in C-Sharp minor (not the more famous posthumous one) - I absolutely love this piece. I would really like to learn more of the Etudes as I only learned Op. 10 No. 12 (The Revolutionary) and Op. 25 No. 1 (The Aeolian Harp) and there are so many good ones.

Don't even get me started on Beethoven! I'm glad we can hijack this thread for a classical piano discussion =)
Old 08-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're a pussy! You listen to songs with words like Sugarplum and Fairies in it!!!

All that aside, Schubert's Impromptu #4 and Chopin Ballade #1 are some of my top favorites as well! Debussy's Children's Corner is also A+. Hard to pick out a favorite
I will have to agree for the most part. There is not much that Chopin does wrong. Schubert, I lean toward preference of his lieder. His settings of Goethe, Mueller, and Heine are some of the best.

Debussy is hit and miss with me. I love his experimentation with tonal colours, but some of his other works can be derivative. Items such as L 91 Nocturnes and Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune are among his best (and most popular). I find French music from the Romantic period to be hit and miss as a whole, however.

Mahler, on the other hand, ranks in my top three composers, as well as Wagner (though that should be no surprise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ).
Old 08-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't even get me started on Beethoven! I'm glad we can hijack this thread for a classical piano discussion =)
By all means get started on Beethoven! I'd say he ranks as my favourite composer of all time!

Favourite Beethoven chamber work; go!!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

You guys are making me very sad that I have not had a proper piano in a couple of years now! Fingers are aching for a bit of action! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I worked on that Ballade for a while back in college, but I played a lot more of Chopin's mazurkas and etudes and Nocturnes like you did as well. I'll have to check out a few of the one's you listed, they don't ring a bell by name.

I gotta agree with Nicho too. Beethoven gogo!
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 08-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Kobold

String quartet Op. 131 in C# minor still ranks as my all-time favourite quartet. I am quite a fan of Beethoven's Triple Concerto (Op. 56) as well, and had the immense pleasure of viewing its performance whilst still in school.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Haha the entirety of my love for Beethoven is derived from his Piano Sonatas, Piano Concertos, and Symphonies. I tend to not like chamber music as much mostly because I have a deep-seated hatred for the violin. I'm open to suggestions, though! I can deal with it if the players are top-notch.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Beethoven also has the two greatest slow movements from large works. The second movements from the 7th Symphony and the 5th Piano Concerto are to die for.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

I'd also like to give a props to Beethoven's Waldstein Sonata!
Old 08-07-2013, 02:25 AM
Sarnak

This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beethoven also has the two greatest slow movements from large works. The second movements from the 7th Symphony and the 5th Piano Concerto are to die for.
And this:
Jeremy Irons The Mystic - 60 Shaman
Bruce Lee - 60 Monk
Redonk Ulysses - 60 Bard
Beavis Christ - 60 Cleric
Malcolm Excon - 60 Enchanter
Gangstalicious Thugnificent - 54 Shadow Knight
Blow Hard - 51 Rogue
Tasslehoff - 3 Druid
<The Mystical Order> Ringleader
Skippy - Bush Kangaroo
<The Mystical Entry>

And this:

You sir have definitely never seen the female reproductive organs from what I can tell.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrux Bcrux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You sir have definitely never seen the female reproductive organs from what I can tell.
^What a virgin calls a pussy
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Closed Thread