Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 09:55 AM
Aviak

Default Circlet of Shadow camp

So i was looking on the wiki and it looks like this item drops off a mid 30s mob. What i'm trying to find out is is it very hard to camp around that level? Because this is my first toon and its been very hard betweens spells and levelling to save enough for this "must have" item for my necromancer.

so what is the best way to get my hands on one of these?
Old 01-29-2015, 09:57 AM
Kobold

level up some more and just buy one for whatever super de-flated price its selling at
Old 01-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Aviak

so if i get one before velious though it will never get nerfed right? or when the nerf happens will it change?
Old 01-29-2015, 10:02 AM
Kobold

I agree with Ziggy, its probably easier to save and buy one. I don't know from direct experience, because I bought mine, but I have heard that the Circlet is usually camped. They are sold pretty often in EC, and by the time you can solo the camp you should be able to afford one.

Edit: Get one before Velious and you're golden.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffball89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so if i get one before velious though it will never get nerfed right? or when the nerf happens will it change?
Correct.

Most people do that camp for the Idol from the Chief. They will kill Bodyguards for a chance at the Gauntlets of Potence.

Generally what this means is they will kill several bodyguards before they get a chief to spawn with an idol. Which means they will get a few Circlets and because they are lore, Circlets do occasionally rot.

If you are patient you can hang out there and maybe scoop one up this way. However it is likely faster to just level up and pay 1-2k for one.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffball89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pre-nerf and post-nerf Circlets are actually totally different items.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Circlet_of_Shadow
versus
http://wiki.project1999.com/Circlet_of_Shadows

Since mobs will heal through walls, you probably want to be 50+ to camp a CoS. You'll be better off either just leveling or farming HGs/Seafuries and buying one--with patience you can get it for less than 2k.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:00 PM
Sarnak

Honestly, with kunark being around as many years as it has there are going to be so many more of these pre-nerf circlets than there were on live, especially with everyone knowing the nerf is coming.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:01 PM
Kobold

Just buy one when you have the money, they aren't getting nerfed before velious so you're fine.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:44 AM
Aviak

The mobs may be lvl 30 ish but you need to be MUCH higher level to safely solo this place.
That's because mobs are packed, and there's dangerous casters in the packs.

As other said, faster to farm cash than getting to appropriate level.

What you can do is go inviz to the camp and try to get one from the peoples camping idol of the thorned.
Circlet is lore ans often rotting.
I went there once to get one from my sk, and some nice druid gave me a circlet for free o.0 (got lucky that day I guess)
Old 01-30-2015, 07:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
level up some more and just buy one for whatever super de-flated price its selling at
Closed Thread