Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

A couple of thoughts on the subject.

EQ is, has been and will be a PvE game.

If you want only PvP, try DAoC, Warhammer, Aion, Prime on Line (Beta still at this stage) or a couple of others where you have in game mechanics for PvP rewards/gloating (RPs, PvP levels, some kind of yellow text or leader boards, specific gear and so on).

Begging to make EQ a similar game is not even close to classic (which i understand Red99 is trying to be).

Here PvP will be a mean to control zones and ressources (ie Phat Dragon loot) without having to poopsock and /petition for Ubah BP loot rights or because SoandSo had FTE.

It should also be a lot of fun but NOT an MMO version of an FPS game.

Please don't pour some FPS in my EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We would not need more GM's if people just behave.
I think we need to ensure that playing nicely, following the rules and not acting blah is a viable playstyle. So far, it seems that the only guilds that are organized and will be ready to go at launch are full of griefers and cheaters. You're right to say that it's not up to the GMs to police everything that goes on, but no one is stepping forward and saying they are going to be the good guys.

And maybe it's still too early for a movement or raid guild like this to be created, but it's certainly not too early for the bad guys to pull together in preparation.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

you can't ever expect people to act differently than what they are. every single "society should" or "we should" or "this group should" that has ever been uttered has been a complete waste of breath. leadership and discipline will come from above or it will not come at all.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khurak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you want only PvP, try DAoC, Warhammer, Aion, Prime on Line (Beta still at this stage) or a couple of others where you have in game mechanics for PvP rewards/gloating (RPs, PvP levels, some kind of yellow text or leader boards, specific gear and so on).
For the rest of us who have always played eq on a non-carebear server. EQ is a pvp game. Always has been. Pve is just the reason to do the pvp.
RIP Madamm <Happy Little Hug Factory>
Old 10-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Banned

Then the admins will simply shut down the project. The people misbehaving in general is what kills the servers. I have never hacked/cheated, not sure why others need to. If people want to come here to "re-live" classic EQ, why ruin it?
Old 10-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khurak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Begging to make EQ a similar game is not even close to classic (which i understand Red99 is trying to be).

Here PvP will be a mean to control zones and ressources (ie Phat Dragon loot) without having to poopsock and /petition for Ubah BP loot rights or because SoandSo had FTE.

It should also be a lot of fun but NOT an MMO version of an FPS game.

Please don't pour some FPS in my EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
daoc was probably the most "carebear" pvp game ever. segregated pvp/pve areas, plenty of safe zones to level, all pvp was consensual, etc. but it also had pvp as the main focus of the game. you can make a set of rules that can do both.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Orc

classic daoc on the pvp server was a lot of fun
Old 10-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not at all a stretch to imagine this server being destroyed by the VZTZ crowd. They've already done it to 3+ incarnations of emulated eq pvp play...
First off, saying false accusations like this is what will get you griefed. Nobody likes people who throw around responsibility like none of it is their fault. Second, if you intend to respond by saying "I never played with the VZTZ crowd" (whatever the fuk you mean by vztz crowd) then you are commenting on something to which you have no idea about. Another reason why people will dislike you. I already do.

I played on VZTZ, there were incredibly nice people and very awesome GMs. The reason it got shut down was hacking. Not grief. People's idea of grief are totally different. One may be killing him while on a CR and he quits. Another may be training him twice. Some people just can't get over the fact it is just a game.

Also, Nilbog, along with several other people liked the idea of item loot. But people like you feel that is "griefing." So what exactly is griefing?

Lastly, EQ has always been a PvP game. The best one I have played. As Fuzzy stated, the only reason to PvE is to be the top at PvP, period. It is incredibly easy to beat a game. INCREDIBLY EASY. To beat something that can adapt and evolve, like a player, is considerably harder.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silikten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, saying false accusations like this is what will get you griefed. Nobody likes people who throw around responsibility like none of it is their fault. Second, if you intend to respond by saying "I never played with the VZTZ crowd" (whatever the fuk you mean by vztz crowd) then you are commenting on something to which you have no idea about. Another reason why people will dislike you. I already do.

I played on VZTZ, there were incredibly nice people and very awesome GMs. The reason it got shut down was hacking. Not grief. People's idea of grief are totally different. One may be killing him while on a CR and he quits. Another may be training him twice. Some people just can't get over the fact it is just a game.

Also, Nilbog, along with several other people liked the idea of item loot. But people like you feel that is "griefing." So what exactly is griefing?

Lastly, EQ has always been a PvP game. The best one I have played. As Fuzzy stated, the only reason to PvE is to be the top at PvP, period. It is incredibly easy to beat a game. INCREDIBLY EASY. To beat something that can adapt and evolve, like a player, is considerably harder.
I tried playing on VZTZ, but I was left in the dust as far as leveling went, and had to play catch up. Then every guild seemed to make it a requirement to know all of the high-end content before joining. Not just raids, but exp spots and everything. On live, I didn't get to experience much high-end content until luclin/pop because I was elf purist and PK'd out of those places 95% of the time. It was just a little too hardcore for me. But I did watch.

And what I saw was hacking, training, finger-pointing (GM favoritism) and generally immature behavior, on ALL sides.

Btw, I have never said (nor do I believe) that item loot is griefing. It just doesn't belong on Red99, at least for the time being, because of what it would to population. Prospective blues do not want item loot, and we need prospective blues :P
Last edited by Softcore PK; 10-07-2011 at 03:52 PM..
Old 10-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

global ooc is stupid, and is currently filled with ****** this, jew that etc. which ofc turns people off to even BETA. The level range thing is buggy, and while I appreciate the thought I'm not sure how useful it is (seems to have the opposite intended more often than not). While the low level griefers were always part of the game, they are not to the extent they exist here with the ADD/WOW playing crowd who can't even handle 1000% exp and sit at level 20 in places like Crushbone (best pvp zone ever) - I got corpse camped for over a level's worth of exp one night (I could have just zone plugged, I just didn't want to give him the satisfaction).

Anyhow none of this really deters me personally, but the people it does deter are the kind of people I want playing here. I don't want to play with the same mouthbreathing population again, well check that I want to play with them I just don't want it to be *just* them.
Closed Thread