Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-21-2015, 05:11 PM
Aviak

Default TOFS Master Key not working in the mirror room!

So i cannot confirm anything more than the master key in tofs does only take you to the mirror room, from there you still need all the other 6 keys in order to click to any of the floors, whats the point of the master key in the first place? Bugged or intentional "classic" shit?

/some guy with 7 slots of bag space griefed
Old 08-25-2015, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

I haven't made it to the mirror room yet. Those mirrors all work? That's good news.

From what I can tell, all keys should supersede the previous floor's key. Evidence here: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...76&postcount=5

Tserrina's Key should act as a master key (just read the Identify description!) and not only port you up to the mirror room from 1, but also allow you to click any of the mirrors to be taken to their corresponding floors.

Evidence that the mirror room worked as a hub to all the previous floors (via https://web.archive.org/web/20120405...tml?zstrat=117)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov 2002
I have been fighting in ToFS for many levels. I love this zone and have discovered that it is pretty much the best exp i have ever found. My Warrior (lvl 51 on the nameless) has all of the keys including Tserinna's. By going to the right on 1st floor instead of to the left you come to the mirror that Tserrina's key works on. click on it and you are taken to the mirror room. By clicking on the other mirrors with your key, (not really needed now with keyrings) you are taken to the corresponding zone in point on the other floors. After getting a full set of keys, navigation is easy in the tower. What I would LOVE to have answered is, has anyone figured out how to remove the curse on the Magnetic Dirk of Distraction????? Its a decent weapon but I am tired of fighting always on the south side!
(this quote could be considered weak evidence against higher keys superseding lower level keys because "after getting a full set of keys", but I think there's more evidence in favor than against.

It looks like the mirror room was changed sometime after Nov 2002 to break all the mirrors and point them all to iceclad:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar 2003
I had several keys to ToFS but was missing a couple of the last levels when I was awarded the master key. When I used the left mirror it added to my keyring (/keyring shows: Tower of Frozen Shadows: 7) and supercedes all the other keys as expected. However, when I get to the mirror room all six of the mirrors lead outside (none were locked as I expected one to be), I thought there were express down mirrors to the floor you wanted so you could pass all the ones you don't want.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:59 AM
Aviak

I just got Tserrina's Key tonight, and it still seems to be bugged in that it is not acting as a master key.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know what got implemented, but I do know there was a huge discussion about it before Beta.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 02-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It looks like the mirror room was changed sometime after Nov 2002 to break all the mirrors and point them all to iceclad:
This part I can confirm :/ I started playing in April 2001, and by the time I was high enough to get to ToFS top floor, the mirror room was useless - just a zoneout room.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Here's another thread with a bunch of info:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=206539
main resource:
http://www.angelfire.com/freak/eqjon.../tofs/tofs.htm

Basically there is strong evidence for (in our timeline):
1) The mirror room on 7 being able to port you to any level, if you have the correct key

There is strong evidence against (in our timeline):
2) Higher level keys make lower level keys useless, so you could use key 5 to click though floors 1-4.

There is mild evidence for and against (identify description, peoples memories vs not being explicitly mentioned in the angelfire guide page):
3) Tserrina's key is a master key that will allow you to click any floor from the mirror room on 7.

At some point between Velious release and the time that /keychain was added 2) became true. I'm guessing it coincided with /keychain, as adding the 5th floor key to your keychain would add floors 1-4 as well to your keychain.

At some point after Nov 2002, 1) became false and all the mirrors in the mirror room would only port you out to Iceclad.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Bumpo.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 11-29-2017, 07:51 AM
Sarnak

master key takes you to mirror room, wich allows u to jump straight to whatever key you have instead of having to run the whole zone to key 5 lets say, you can use master key to mirror room then use key 5 to enter that level, use the right key on the right mirror, left to right = levels 1 2 3 4 etc

it just saves you time
Old 11-29-2017, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

This post would indicate the Master Key only allowed access to the Mirror Room, as he mentions he can't figure out what else it is used for in the room. One would think he'd have clicked on the mirrors with it but to no avail:

http://web.archive.org/web/200301151...shtml?zone=117
Quote:
Posted @ Fri, Aug 9th 12:55 AM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]
I have spent so much time in ToFS, have all keys killed Tserrina 30 or so times, but as many times as I have been there I have yet to figure out how the Master Key works in the mirror room, I know from first floor you use it to port up to 7th in mirror room, but how do you use the key on the mirrors to visit each floor from there?
Here is a mention in era about the room and the porting out to Iceclad
http://web.archive.org/web/200209301...e=117&start=50
Quote:
Posted @ Mon, Jul 9th 1:21 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
I now have all keys to all floors including Tserrina's Key. So I use her key to port from 1 to 7 into a room with 7 mirrors and a locked door. The key to 7 unlocks the door, but what do I do with all these mirrors? If I am looking into the room of mirrors, the one farthest to the right tells me I am not wielding the key (and I tried all keys on it), and all the other mirrors port me outside. That just doesnt seem right. I would have thought that it would port me to a certain floor based on which mirror I click.
What am I doing wrong?
Other mention of room in era:
http://web.archive.org/web/200209301...e=117&start=75
Quote:
Destination of right mirror on 7th
Posted @ Mon, Feb 12th 12:06 PM 2001
We had to petition last night, and a GM came up and talked to us then left to go look around zone. She used a master game key on all windows, and the right window ported her outside of the tower back to Iceclad.
And one final mention:
http://web.archive.org/web/200209301...=117&start=100
Quote:
Posted @ Mon, Feb 5th 6:51 PM 2001
Bottom Line is that everyone agrees that Tserrina spawns on 7th floor. And regardless of what some are saying there is another area once you get to 7th. Where all the mirrors are just like the one person said the one to far right can't be opened using any of the other keys OR Tserrina's Key. I have all the keys and have tried them all personally and the far right mirror with no success. So please quit saying there isnt another floor after the one Tserrina is on. There obviously is something else in the tower and I have been told many rumors and have to get the key but most agree that it is broken atm for no one can seem to get it.
Quote:
Posted @ Tue, Dec 12th 9:08 PM 2000
The seventh level of the tower is where the main mob is. SHe starts out as a bat, and when you kill her she appears as a vampire. She dropped a nice caster staff and an Harnessed soul gem. At the top of a winding staircase is a room which leads to a bunch of mirrors. All but one will teleport you out. The last one is locked. Now, on the previous floor is a incoherent spirit. if you kill him, a coherent spirit will spawn, and it is indifferent. If you speak to him, he will tell you his soul is imprisoned by Tessera (or whatever her name is), so we assumed we needed to give him the harnessed soul gem and free him.

Not, all he did was say Areeeewww! and we lost the gem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm sure this is broken, as there was NO way to get the key for the last locked mirror on the 7th level. i hope someone else figures this out, i'd love to know whats up there.
Other random mentions:
http://web.archive.org/web/200503152...=5604&start=50
Quote:
Posted @ Fri, Aug 23rd 6:28 AM 2002
Camped her almost 14 hours today. If you are using master key from being there a previous time with someone with keys, you need key from VhalSera to open the locked doors on her floor to get to mirror room, to zone out or if using master key from zone in mirror.. you pop in mirror room and you still need key from Sera to get to her hall.
Note the date here, not sure if relevant but still says it won't work in mirror room:
Quote:
Posted @ Fri, Jan 3rd 8:49 AM 2003
The key she drops is the master key and will work on every mirror in the tower (expect for the broken ones in the mirror room).

Conclusion:

I have never myself been to the ToFS, so maybe you vets can digest this info and provide feedback. It seems like the mirrors are broken in our era and should port you out, only advantage is Master Key gets you to room that you can then access Floor 7 (but with the Floor 7 key, NOT master key). You can also use it on the far right mirror to port out.

Clicking on other mirrors with other keys should port you out to Iceclad (It sounds like this is not how it is working on P99).
Old 11-30-2017, 01:47 AM
Fire Giant

This is the expected behavior.

Back when I was exploring tofs, I read through old allakhazam posts since I too thought it was a bug, but the old posts just confirmed that the current behavior is correct for the velious timeline. Hopefully, the guy above linked the relevant posts.