Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't enjoy PVP in EverQuest because it seems like it was added to the game as an afterthought and thus lacks real balance between the various classes in given scenarios. Also, when compared with a newer MMO the penalty for death in EverQuest is steep and so dying from other players sounds too time consuming to me. I also already have a character on the blue server.
EQs unbalanced PvP is its hallmark and is the really why it's still so damn fun to play.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

The problem with Everquest PvP is that most people mistakenly think it means Player vs. Player when in fact it really is Predator vs. Prey.

Much like hunting, there is usually only one willing participant in any given encounter.

If player vs. player mechanics were as much fun as some claim, /duel and arena would be more than enough and much more popular on the regular server.

'stuce
Old 02-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't enjoy PVP in EverQuest because it seems like it was added to the game as an afterthought and thus lacks real balance between the various classes in given scenarios. Also, when compared with a newer MMO the penalty for death in EverQuest is steep and so dying from other players sounds too time consuming to me. I also already have a character on the blue server.
It was added as an afterthought. The team was playing uo and they all hated the hardcore pvp nature of the game. They stressed to each other that their game was to solely focus on pve.

Uo pvp blows away eq pvp. There is not one aspect of eq pvp that sounds interesting.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Wouldn't play on a population of 150. That's true for blue as well. If its too quiet as it is then its hard to draw a crowd.

No fan of EQ PvP either, WoW does it better (yes, I said it..). I'd rather play on Akka's Fun House than immerse myself on P99 red.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one fears pvp. It's just that no one wants to play on a server infested with the likes of Holocaust, vztzject scum, Nihilum, and others whose tactics include(documented 100%) exploiting behind zonelines, exploiting raid mobs, incessant and unnecessary griefing outside the scope of pvp, various other forms of cheating, etc.

No one wants to play with that shit. No one is afraid of pvp.
+1

I played on TZ from Classic till the Zeks merged. Once that happened the community went to shit and I quit.

I have no sob story of being corpse camped or beat down or griefed in any way. Simply put, the community went to the shitter, and I see the same similarities in attitude and character from those currently on R99.

So thanks, but no thanks.

<The Mystical Order>

Alts:
[34 Wizard] Motlee Crue (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[4 Wizard] Aysee Deecee (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[2 Wizard] Vhan Halen (Human) <The Mystical Order>

Live - Tallon Zek 2000-2005 / Drinal 2007-2008
[80 Sorcerer] Acillatem Zoso (Human) <Knights of the White Rose> / <Veritable Quandary>
Old 02-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Sarnak

EQ PVP makes no sense for me with one very important aspect.
If I'm a Wood Elf and I kill a guard in kelethin I take a faction hit.
Why shouldn't someone who PVP kills a wood elf not take a similar one?
People are going to talk about that quiet kid who invites people over for dinner and no one ever seems to leave, shouldn't it happen there as well?
PvP without a consequence is just dumb.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Banned

None of you understand anything about EQ pvp or it's implications on a server.

Although your uninformed opinions are quite humorous, it's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.

1.) EQ pvp is open world pvp, regardless of the game open world pvp is never fair. It's opportunistic and requires awareness (Not to get caught off guard) and preparation (To catch someone off guard). If you're not terrible it's very easy to avoid getting raped by roaming pk groups.

2.) "Pvp with no consequences" You're retarded if you don't understand the consequences of being killed, so there would be no point for me to explain them to you.
Last edited by Ssleeve; 02-18-2012 at 09:58 PM..
Old 02-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Sarnak

Actually, it's arrogant shit like that that defines the PvP community here. "None of you understand", "you are retarded", etc.

We understand just fine. We're not playing because we don't care to. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssleeve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of you understand anything about EQ pvp or it's implications on a server.

Although your uninformed opinions are quite humorous, it's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.

1.) EQ pvp is open world pvp, regardless of the game open world pvp is never fair. It's opportunistic and requires awareness (Not to get caught off guard) and preparation (To catch someone off guard). If you're not terrible it's very easy to avoid getting raped by roaming pk groups.

2.) "Pvp with no consequences" You're retarded if you don't understand the consequences of being killed, so there would be no point for me to explain them to you.
This is the type of wannabe pvper on red99. Lmao

Plays emupvp and thinks he's pro now.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Still, my "simple" tastes are catered for on P99 blue. Even if red had 1000 on it I'd be less than tempted.
Closed Thread