Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Sarnak

Default EQ Lite Client Guide - 1.35GB & Play on USB Drive

Hey all, I mentioned in my original thread about making a Lite EQ Client that I would put together a guide... so here it is! I've created a few ways for you to create your EQ Lite client depending on what you are comfortable with. Here are a few pieces of info about the client, and options available:

PRE-REQUISITE
- This is only a script and does NOT include the full game client. You need to have the full TITANIUM Client installed, and running on Project 1999.

"EQLite" CLIENT DETAILS
- This will create a 1.35GB client down from the 3.6GB Titanium Install
- All Graphics, Sounds, Maps & Effects are in-tact
- ONLY Classic, Kunark & Velious Zones were kept - all other zones were removed.
- Keeps Plane of Time zone for the CTF event put on by server GM's (added 5-30-10)
- Keeps Plane of Growth to allow the old school models to work properly.

TROUBLESHOOTING
Q: I have my Titanium copy installed on my D drive, so I changed your batch file accordingly, but once I run the file its finished within a few seconds. The new EQLite folder is in my C root directory, but it's empty! Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
A: Move the batch file to the same directory as your installation and run it from there. Has helped most people having this problem.

CHANGE LOG
03/09/2014: Edited script to include all Plane of Growth files. I had only included the Plane of Growth character model file, and not the zone files. This has been fixed! Unfortunately, this will not add the files to your directory if you are currently missing them. You will need to find the full install of Titanium and copy all "growthplane_*.*" files to your EQLite directory. Sorry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attached Files
File Type: zip EQLite.zip (5.1 KB, 3019 views)
Last edited by FatMagic; 03-19-2014 at 10:47 AM..