Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemandFlannigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was in oasis, helping a group leveling at the croc camp. P1 to be exact. before I got there, a necro outside the group first trained the group with a sand giant. then he was taking mobs from their camp (from what I hear, I was not there to confirm this) But since I was there, I saw him sneaking mobs off. One in particular, a croc ran right over the group members who were sitting down medding. The necro pulls this mob. I pulled it back and killed it. So he reported me, and I got suspended for KSing.

Just now, a member of my guild was in CoM, and he pulls a mob from some camp because he didn't see anyone around. He kills it, and pulls another. After he pulled the second he sees messages raging on him for pulling the mob from their camp. Before he even knows what happened, boom, he's suspended.
Scenario 1: You are pulling roaming mobs in an outdoor zone
Rule: roamers in outdoor zones that aren't dungeons are FTE, not camps
Conclusion: The necro was perfectly in his rights to pull these mobs and the group did not have exclusive rights to all crocs pathing near that spot.

Scenario 2: You are pulling stationary mobs in a dungeon
Rule: stationary mobs in dungeons are camps, not FTE
Conclusion: that's a very prompt suspension and not something that'd ordinarily happen (Usually people yell at each other for a while and then nothing happens because no one's answering petitions at the time) but your guild member should've done a CC first to double check.

I'd actually say the second case involved one of those annoying petition-happy players who cry to a staff member rather than work things out with others, but I don't know that for sure since I was not there to witness this.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 03-21-2017, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

ive had people retaliate by logging on a high level character to harass me. i never petitioned though, i just made a friend outta them, except one, he was a turd and hope he got banned. pretty poopy what that chanter did to you though :c I never done something like that and would not condone it :/
Old 03-21-2017, 10:49 AM
Banned

the croc situation sounds like BS, they don't agro on their own.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scenario 1: You are pulling roaming mobs in an outdoor zone
Rule: roamers in outdoor zones that aren't dungeons are FTE, not camps
Conclusion: The necro was perfectly in his rights to pull these mobs and the group did not have exclusive rights to all crocs pathing near that spot.
Your conclusion appears to be off assuming the crocs are hitting people that were sitting and the necro peeled them off as described below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemandFlannigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a croc ran right over the group members who were sitting down medding. The necro pulls this mob.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your conclusion appears to be off assuming the crocs are hitting people that were sitting and the necro peeled them off as described below:
The crocs seem KoS but they don't actually aggro on their own. If the group members were sitting down medding, the crocs were going about their business as usual.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 03-21-2017, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

I need names please.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:51 AM
Fire Giant

Uehara.

Hortense.

Albrecht.

These are names. Do with them what you will.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:15 AM
Fire Giant

People getting suspended in Oasis, Kaesora, CoM, and ToV. Shits classic as fuck. Makes me want to dust off the ole duck stick.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:30 AM
Banned

I have been told multiple times by the staff to cut the sh!t while in KC and I have never once been banned. As many of you know it can get a little crowded in KC and tensions can run high when there are not enough monsters to feed the XP machine...if you were suspended I imagine there is more to the story than you killing a single croc
Closed Thread