Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 06:03 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default GINA on an enchanter?

I'm not sure if this program is even allowed on this server anymore. If it is though, I can't configure it. I couldn't find Gametexttriggers.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:41 AM
Aviak

u have to make them
Old 03-22-2017, 06:40 AM
Fire Giant

ya gina is fine, it's just a log reader. what are you having issues with creating?

just ADD a trigger group, then ADD triggers to that group, like duration of mezes or buff durations etc.
Mackaroni <Seal Team> - Human Monk
Old 03-22-2017, 08:35 AM
Fire Giant

I use GINA On my enchanter and it's amazing.

I use it to audibly say things like charm break , resist messages , buffs expiring , etc

Very useful program
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-22-2017, 09:22 AM
Fire Giant

I use it as well. It's not the simplest thing to set up but once you figure it out it's hard to play a buff class without it. A couple tips I would give is that when you create a trigger you want to create a countdown timer from the landing message of the buff that counts down the duration. I originally tried to set it up based on the buff expiring message but that didn't work well. Some spells have a changing duration each level so it can be a pain to figure that out but you don't necessarily need the duration to be exact down to the second.

Also, make sure you use the command "/log on" each new game session. It doesn't carry over to new sessions so for GINA to work you have to type that each time you log on or it won't work.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, make sure you use the command "/log on" each new game session. It doesn't carry over to new sessions so for GINA to work you have to type that each time you log on or it won't work.
Something ain't right, are you running EQ as administrator? I remember some of my client settings wouldn't persist until I did that.

some random GINA tips:

If you're using it for spell timers and you don't already know the very basics of regular expressions, learn a little so you can have the target's name appear in the timer label etc

For your top-slot spells with longer recasts it's handy to have countdown timers that go off on the spell's landing message and last for (recast - cast time) seconds so you can as a situational example nuke/click/nuke at max speed

You can set up text triggers for common respawn times (18/22 min etc) and then set hotkeys in game to trigger them manually with like /ignore yourtriggertext. This also works well for internal triggers like GINA:STOP, which clears all your visible timers
Old 03-22-2017, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

GINA is great and you can configure lots of cool stuff with it. Some of the most popular examples cited already. Highly recommended.

I would like to use it more often, but I typically play in full screen mode and can't seem to get the overlays to work in full screen. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comoc1
Offering a 10k bounty for Soeki's or Jigoku's suspension pm me logs of GM discussion and fraps link to collect

Uyan <Aftermath>
Old 03-22-2017, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

GamTextTriggers is my personal favorite. If you look hard you can find GamtextTriggers online on some sketchy wayback websites..totally worth it
Closed Thread