Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 01:22 PM
Aviak

Lightbulb For anyone who wants to make plat (works for new players as well)

The question of how to make plat comes up occasionally so I'm just sharing what are some of the common money making things you can farm without RNG screwing with you and tons of other people trying to beat you in a static camp (which requires you to be of a certain level as well).

The info here kind of covers what you can get in some common levelling areas which are valuable to mainly other players.

Feel free to add more!

To start saving up plat (can do as long as you are not level 1)
A stack of bone chips - 10pp
A stack of spider silk - 10pp
A stack of spiderling silk - 10 to 20pp
Low and medium quality Wolf/Cat/Bear skins - 2-5pp each (these kind of suck as they are heavy and doesnt stack. See below for better idea)
High quality bear skins - 30pp each

What to do with skins:
The better idea is to buy a sewing kit and make leather paddings to sell to players. One stack now is 100-200p.
You should try to get a skinning knife to make your life easier. It allows you to convert high into med into low quality skins in your sewing kit.

When you are around level 12:
Greater light stones from wisps can sell to players for 10pp

Another alternative (which really needs some luck as the camp is VERY popular);
The nybright sisters camp in Lesser Faydark (#14 on the map).
There are basically 4 mobs here that drop bronze weapons. They sell very well to npc vendors. If you are not killed on sight to the woodelfs there is an npc hut (#10 on map) that you can sell at. If not you can run to the druid rings (#6 on map) in Steamfont Mountains to sell.

When you are 16 or higher, i suggest you make a trip to Najena in Lavastorm.

Kill the elementals in there and look for the following drops which sells well to players (and you can get exp as well):
Earth Elemental - Drop of mercury (~30p)
Fire Elemental - Lava Rock (30 - 50p)
Mist Elemental - Swirling Mist (30-50p)

If you kill the magicians, they have a chance to drop the mage focus items which you can sell or 100-200p each

You can stay in Najena till the mid 20s if you like. If you are bored or when you think the exp is getting slow, head to Mistmoore Castle.

Just look for groups and join them. When you first start, the best money comes from the Gargoyles which drop Gargoyle eyes that stack and sell very well to npcs.

As you start moving up into the deeper part of the zone (namely the castle area), mobs starts to drop Essence of Moonlight.

There are smiths out there who pay 50-80pp for each essence.

By this time you should be all set.

The above is my suggestion for anyone who don't mind sticking to just a few zones to level while they make money. And since the items drops off common mobs, you dont have to worry about people camping them all the time.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Great guide! A lot of it is already in the http://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure%20Hunting%20Guide, but I'll try to add the rest when I have time.

A couple quick notes. I'm not sure you'll find many players buying greater light stones (in part just because the Titanium client makes light much less of an issue than it was in classic). However, they can be turned in for the http://wiki.project1999.com/Concordance_of_Research quest to get about as much plat. Also, I've seen a set of all four mage focus items selling (but not necessarily get sold) at 300 plat, so I'm not sure 100-200 plat for each one is realistic.

Some of the other items might be a little optimistic in their pricing (eg. HQ bear skins typically sell for 25 plat or less), but then again players are often willing to pay a few extra plat to a noob selling those sorts of items, so it's hard to say for sure. As with selling anything, the more patient you are the more you'll get for it, but I just wouldn't want anyone to expect to get those prices 100% of the time.

P.S. As I say in the treasure guide:

Quote:
Keep in mind that a level 60 character can earn more than a hundred times as much platinum as a lower level character in the same amount of time. Generally speaking, and especially if you are a caster, it's faster to focus on leveling first then treasure. Of course, characters do need gear/spells, but a character with poor gear can still level to 60 nearly as fast as a well-geared character.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-12-2017 at 01:56 PM..
Old 03-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Bracer of the Hidden camp.... 10k item drops from level 24 mobs.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Aviak

^OP Fantastic post.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bracer of the Hidden camp.... 10k item drops from level 24 mobs.
That is a lie, its no where near 10k. I got one and willing to sell for 7-7.5k and no one wants to buy for that price. One person was wanting to pay 5-5.5k for it but I declined.

I think your better option would be to farm the goblin gazughi ring, I sold it for 7.5k and that item sells like hot cakes!

Edit: also the hidden bracer camp is decent on gems and sarnak lore gear that is worth 50-60p on rc. The gems can be vendored anywhere from 2 to 14 or so plat.
Last edited by Panicsferd; 03-12-2017 at 02:50 PM..
Old 03-12-2017, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

I just want every poor nerd to report to the Bracer of the Hidden camp.

Also, on Red it's 10k all day. So, it's not a lie. Your post, however, was a blind assumption. May you bang many trannnies on accident using this logic.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want every poor nerd to report to the Bracer of the Hidden camp.

Also, on Red it's 10k all day. So, it's not a lie. Your post, however, was a blind assumption. May you bang many trannnies on accident using this logic.
That is what I thought that maybe it was more on red, but I never played red... mainly on blue and it is a lot cheaper.

But in my original post the bracer camp is pretty decent anyways since unlike the courier camp if you don't get the bracer you can make money off the lore gear/weapons and the gems that drop from the various sarnaks and if you are in the area and if the chancellor has spawned you can kill him for his spear (if you are mid 40s) for 500p (if you don't need the spear for the key).
Last edited by Panicsferd; 03-12-2017 at 04:10 PM..
Old 03-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You may not have noticed, but this thread is in the "General Community", not the "PvP Community".

Assuming that you're only talking about the server the forum is for isn't a "blind assumption", it's basic logic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may not have noticed, but this thread is in the "General Community", not the "PvP Community".

Assuming that you're only talking about the server the forum is for isn't a "blind assumption", it's basic logic.
so general doesnt include red server? i thought it was general as in everyone who plays p99.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Aviak

I don't play on red so i cannot comment too much, but if red has a similar player economy then the guide would work as well.

I didn't include higher value items as they usually require a lot more luck than farming the common drop items, which in my personal experience, provides a better stable return than trying to farm for a particular item. (I have really poor luck with camps)

Also, there isn't any items which are in Kunark, etc, because I mostly play on the main continents.

Please feel free to suggest any other things players can do to get money [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Note: There is a fantastic spiderling silk camp in Field of Bone. Go to the point marked C and you will know why.

Also, Kurn's Tower in the same zone is probly one of the best place for bone chips. When i levelled my necro there I had enough bone chips to last me forever.
An alternative for bone chips is Najena as the beginning area of the zone is filled with skeletons. But please be at least level 10 before you go there.
Last edited by Randomiseduser; 03-12-2017 at 10:40 PM..
Closed Thread