Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 08:57 AM
Orc

Thanks everyone for all the thoughtful responses! I really appreciate it.

Has the hybrid XP penalty been removed?
Old 03-21-2017, 09:21 AM
Kobold

I had a Human Paladin and got him to 14 but just didn't like the pixels and remade him as a Dwarf. I'm greatly enjoying playing him. He's my go to fun toon when I'm not able to find groups for my other toons.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks everyone for all the thoughtful responses! I really appreciate it.

Has the hybrid XP penalty been removed?
Yes. Only racial penalties remain.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a Human Paladin and got him to 14 but just didn't like the pixels and remade him as a Dwarf. I'm greatly enjoying playing him. He's my go to fun toon when I'm not able to find groups for my other toons.
Jump rolling beats all fashionquest.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:27 PM
Orc

Another question regarding Lull...

The only real advantage I see for going Human would be the higher Charisma, which I believe affects the Lull spells. Does a failed Lull pull aggro? If so, then I guess higher CHA could actually be useful.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another question regarding Lull...

The only real advantage I see for going Human would be the higher Charisma, which I believe affects the Lull spells. Does a failed Lull pull aggro? If so, then I guess higher CHA could actually be useful.
Failed lull doesn't always pull agro. It can and will at the worst times possible. CHA does affect lull line. My wife put on a full set of crusty and can't lull green mobs anymore. lol.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:40 PM
Fire Giant

Lull can resist, or it can critically resist. A normal resist will not pull aggro and is based solely on your level compared to the mob's level and on the mob's magic resist. Charisma does, however, affect the chance that you will get a critical resist, which will pull aggro.

That said, raising your charisma is fairly easy with a couple of item swaps so I wouldn't avoid going dwarf solely for that reason. Kobold Jester's Crown + Crude Stein is ~400-500p for +45 charisma when lulling. You can also have your friendly local shaman or enchanter give you a charisma buff, or farm a Luminary Two Handed Sword from Kaesora to buff yourself with.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 03-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

With the traditional composition for 6-person groups, you will rarely if ever use lull because there will be another designated puller for your group.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:20 AM
Orc

@Sage Truthbearer - you have a good point, but it's rare to find an ideal 6-person group during the leveling process. That is, unless you have an organized guild or group of friends that have been specifically setup for it.

I understand that from levels 50-60 it's MUCH more likely for this to be the case (I'm sure some would argue it's necessary)... but for me, that's a LONG time from now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2017, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
@Sage Truthbearer - you have a good point, but it's rare to find an ideal 6-person group during the leveling process. That is, unless you have an organized guild or group of friends that have been specifically setup for it.

I understand that from levels 50-60 it's MUCH more likely for this to be the case (I'm sure some would argue it's necessary)... but for me, that's a LONG time from now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. in exp pick up groups paladin ends up pulling way more than they should considering they have to med to keep hate.
Closed Thread