Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-22-2017, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Default Character's Gone?

I recently logged on to a friend's account to help him MQ a JBoots. It went fine, but when I switched back to my main account I found all of my characters were gone. I then logged in to Red and was surprised to find that all of my characters were gone there too.

So, I tried ...
  • waiting overnight
  • re-patching my EQ install
  • re-installing (from a completely different torrent than my original) and re-patching EverQuest

But even the completely fresh install has the same problem, which makes me think the issue is server-side. Has anyone had this happen before, and were you able to fix it by yourself or did you have to bother the staff?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-22-2017 at 03:46 PM..
Old 03-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Did you log into the wrong server?
Old 03-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

No (I've done that before [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ). I have checked and double-checked and I logged in to Blue/Red each time. But thanks for the suggestion.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

You sure you're logging into the right account?

Outside of that you may need to petition
Old 03-22-2017, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sure you're logging into the right account?

Outside of that you may need to petition
Yup, positive. I think I may too ... any idea how I can do that since I can't login and /petition? The only thing I can think of is to PM Rogean, and I can't imagine he wants to deal with this kind of nonsense.

*EDIT:* I wound up PMing Sirken. Not sure if he's the right person or not, but hopefully he won't mind.

Last edited by loramin; 03-22-2017 at 04:10 PM..
Old 03-22-2017, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Petition forum!
Old 03-22-2017, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Strangely enough I'd completely forgotten (or never realized in the first place) that that existed. Guess I've just been lucky ...

Thanks for the help Cucumbers!

Old 03-22-2017, 04:31 PM
Server GM

Characters are fine on our side. You patched V44 correct?
Old 03-22-2017, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, twice: once on my old install and once on a new one ... and I think the old one already had it. Also everything was working fine before I logged in to my friend's account.

I've submitted my account details to the petition forum (mentioning this so I don't waste your time and whoever checks the petition forum's time ... but thanks for the response!).

Last edited by loramin; 03-22-2017 at 04:40 PM..
Old 03-22-2017, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

I'm a moron, and it took server GM extraordinaire Llandris to help me realize it. It turns out I had created an account god-knows-how-long ago with the same exact password as my real account. When I switched back from my friend's account I used the name of the account I'd forgotten about, not remembering that my real account name (which had always been stored in the game before I changed accounts) was different.

So, moral of the story: if you don't see characters and you're CERTAIN you're on the right server ... you're probably on the wrong account. And if, like me, you're stupid enough to create two accounts where on is wrong but has a name you use often, this whole thing may require a very embarrassing petition to figure out.

Thanks again Cucumbers and Llandris!

/em walks away in shame

Last edited by loramin; 03-22-2017 at 05:03 PM..