Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. before the exp nerf, there's absolutely NO WAY this was faster than normal charming, because you never had to spend mana on a terrible enchanter nuke except for your lvl 1 nuke, you would just break and charm a new pet to finish off the old one.

2. you can calm mobs before blurring them, this lets you literally sit next to a mob while they are regenning their hp.

3. there's lots of mobs that quad without weapons now, i think the greater warbones are one of those mobs. also, skeletal guardians definitely quad without weapons, i've used them before.

otherwise a good technique that i've used myself with multiple mobs to create a "mob grinder" effect.
You dont have any mana problems at all because of this nuke, since you can always use theft of thought on your rootmob, also you can use a lower lvl nuke which isnt that bad manawise. i still think this method was
faster because your mobs did a lot more dmg than a charmpet. i dont think the mobs still quad if you have them charmed? idk tho, i still think its faster. mobs may quad without weapon but at the time i used this strat they did WAY more damage with 2 weapons, i was almost falling asleep when my pets didnt have 2 weapons. I think the dmg increase makes up for anything else, im sure this is at least as fast as regular charming if you do it right, i still think its a lot faster.

What you say about calm is true but it isnt really needed unless you have not enough room.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Charm a skeletal guardian for yourself in KC, they definitely quad without weapons. I'm fairly certain greater warbones (at least some of them) are the same way, I had one charmed in BW to help powerlevel guildies and was shocked to find out that he was quadding by default. I didn't really want him to quad because he was KSing from the group i was trying to help dps out of group with.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

In that case it was changed again, i started to exp like that after a huge nerf, after that charm pet dmg was really lame without weapons, i guess they changed it back then.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Sarnak

Obv the nerf was to " level " the Red99 servers characters race to 50, just a shame it affects both blue and red. The group bug mentioned previously is interesting but i'd assume will be addressed in the next patch. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-24-2011, 12:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since learning that grouping, even just duoing, completely invalidates the penalty, I couldn't be happier.
Right up until the next patch.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right up until the next patch.
Good god I hope not. I really would riot if they intentionally changed that. Lol
Old 11-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klankster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of misinformation here.

Pets will never steal exp if you are grouped. You can even be grouped with someone who is 15 zones away and be solo killing, and you will recrive full exp, regardless of how much dmg you did to the mob.

The nerf was implemented very poorly. Even if this is exactly how it was in classic, it's still a terrible change. It doesn't nerf pet classes, it just make the game far more tedious for them, requiring them to duo or to find someone in another zone to sit in a party with them. It also makes people more likely to box a second account so that they can harmlessly sit in their group while they exp.
Won't the exp be divided by two even if the other one is not in zone?
Old 11-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Kobold

All I know is I haven't played my mage // enc // necro Since the. Well... Eq since I guess
Closed Thread