Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Aviak

Default How do I play a 44 necromancer

It has been forever and a day since I last played and I forget every spell and such. I remember the spell timer addon helped me immensly back when I played but I forget what combos of spells I use when kiting mobs in big circles while my pet beats on them.

My character is a level 44 Iksar Necromancer and I remember soloing working out great, especially with the help of the innate regen. My memory is garbage and I would really appreciate it if someone could help spell things out for me in terms of what I'm supposed to remember about this game.

Thank you in advance for anyone willing to help me.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:54 AM
Sarnak

http://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserdr...Strategy_Guide

Probably a good place for you to get a refresher about spells, tactics, leveling spots etc.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

In a group your main responsibilities will be dps (cackling bones - skeleton pet or beguile undead - charm), healing (pact of shadow and cancel magic to dispell yourself), snaring (dooming darkness), crowd control (root or screaming terror) all while keeping yourself healed (spirit tap and vampiric curse) and occasionally doing some nuking.

Solo, you can fear kite with darkness, poisons, disease lines and pet. Root rot with root and various dots or charm kite/kill.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:55 AM
Orc

Don't forget you're a clerics mana battery in group too!
Old 01-31-2015, 12:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

fear kite!!!
Old 01-31-2015, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Pet takes half the exp, unless you do 51% of dmg or more. Grouping with 1 person takes this penalty away.
Fear kiting is best til 54 then charm to 60.
Best advice?
Find a partner(rogue or sk best) and fear kite while they beat on mob with pet. Duckwalk pretty much nailed it.
Groups your gona be a mana battery/ cc.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:22 PM
Kobold

Soloing is always viable for a necro but at 44 you might consider grouping up in CoM, the pulls move pretty quick and you may be able to ease back into remembering your favorite spells without the fear of experimenting too poorly and dying.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Charm soloing in Lower Guk or CoM stables is crazy experience if you have the skills for it.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Large Bat

Learn to charm for the best solo xp. COM is good for a while up to 55ish then I'd hit up HS and/or KC to 60.

Charm undead, send in on a manageable pack of undead, back pet to get mobs in a stack then cycle through rooting all the mobs. Invis when pet gets to a lowest enough % HP to LT kill it. then charm another pet and repeat. Mind roots and this is a pretty fun way to level up.

Keep screaming terror memmed for charm breaks and there is always FD if you get into trouble and need to reset.

Very top ramp of COM is great for this, KC also good in the undead area/Tstaff camp, and HS is you want to get good at it.
Closed Thread