Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

Default Classic UI (Dr. Spike / Fabbe UI)

I have downloaded this UI, a form of the old classic UI. However I am having a problem switching the bag icon in the selector window to the class icon. The class icon will only appear when the inventory is opened up.

I believe I know what is causing this, but I am not a programming guru, so I don't know how to fix this issue. In the EQUI_SelectorWnd xml file there are commands that says "Hide class animation when inventory is off". There is a whole bunch of code within this. I think if this were removed or modified, it would show the class animation in the selector window while the inventory was closed. Trouble is I have tried this and the UI crashes to the default UI.

If anyone out there can take a look at the UI mod and let me know how to fix this I would be greatly appreciated.

The link below shows where another has asked for help and some possible solutions. However my window selector doesn't show the class animation, it still shows the bag.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ghlight=Pweese
Old 07-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

Let me see if I still have this UI buried somewhere, if I do, I might polish it up a bit and post it.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:26 AM
Sarnak

I would really, really appreciate it Miro. I always loved this UI and as silly as it sounds, I get more enjoyment playing P1999 with this interface since it was similar to the one I began playing with so long ago when EQ was so young.

I suppose I wouldn't even care if the bag icon shown at all, either with the inventory open or closed. I just like having the class icon on the screen when the inventory is closed. I do know all the class animation code numbers, so I can adjust each UI to individual fit the classes I play.

Again, much appreciated!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

Well I got this one figured out, and my UI looks perfect.

I had to make some modifications in the EQUI_SelW folder, the section of code where the programmer's notes describe "Hide class animation while inventory is off". Later if I can get a pic I will attach it here in this thread.