Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-19-2012, 04:58 AM
Planar Protector

Default Falling Damage Change with New Patch?

did this last patch change falling damage calculations at all? i have jumped from island 4 to island 2 in sky at least 20 times on my monk, and always survived, taking maybe a few hundred damage. the island 4 to 2 jump would inflict maybe 100 damage (i could check my logs for hard numbers). i just tonight jumped 4 to 3 and took 316 dmg. Might be a bit high, but I didn't think anything of it. Then i jumped from 4 to 2 and i took 20000 non-melee damage followed by 32000 pain and suffering damage. My monk is level 54 with max Safe Fall skill. Was I just insanely lucky the last 20+ times i've jumped, or was something patched without being mentioned in the patch notes? Thanks.

edit: ambrotos indicated that it happens from time to time. next time i'm up in sky i'll get a cleric on 2 and play around with what works and what doesn't i guess. might also play around with changing my weight
Last edited by Handull; 06-19-2012 at 02:52 PM..
Old 06-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Fire Giant

Fall damage is affected by your current FPS rate. If you turn it down in the options, are tabbed out of EQ while falling, or are doing something else on your computer that was video intensive in the background you will take more fall damage.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Good to know. my computer has been overheating a bit lately, running a 2nd monitor also isn't helping. thanks for the tip
Old 06-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Kobold

I'm just curious as to how frames per second could possibly have an effect on falling damage.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

if the damage calculation isn't done server side, but done on your machine, and if falling speed determines damage taken, then your frame rate could effect this. a lag spike might trick the system into thinking you fell some distance much faster than you did, and then it would hurt you for more damage. thats just my guess