Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

Default Am I an alcoholic?

2 shots of brandy (kinda nasty, a friend's grandma died and had it in her house and apparently my friend thought I would want it, lord knows how old it is) and half a beer at 4:30 in the afternoon, home alone, waiting for server to come back up.

Wtfudge, eh?

I'm also unemployed, and while ...

I must not be an alcoholic or I wouldn't be halfway drunk from 2 shots and half a beer.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 shots of brandy (kinda nasty, a friend's grandma died and had it in her house and apparently my friend thought I would want it, lord knows how old it is) and half a beer at 4:30 in the afternoon, home alone, waiting for server to come back up.

Wtfudge, eh?

I must not be an alcoholic or I wouldn't be halfway drunk from 2 shots and half a beer.
Drinking is for losers go some some pot.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Fire Giant

Do I just go hang out at the local high school and start asking stoner-looking kids if they've got any? I live in the midwest and have never touched the stuff in my life.

Pooh - wife is home.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do I just go hang out at the local high school and start asking stoner-looking kids if they've got any? I live in the midwest and have never touched the stuff in my life.
Just drive around and look for thugs to ask haha. Anyway drinking is overrated, smoking pot is 1000x better to loosen up with after work or whatever. People who drink to get fucked up always take shit to far or end up with other drug problems.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

I concur pot is fantastic over booze for daily use.

A lot of amateur smokers will attempt the booze 'n smoke on a saturday night maneuver, to find themselves stoned asleep on a couch much earlier than anticipated.

For example, i've worked 13 hours so far today - I will go home, get my workout in, shower, then light a nice joint and be 100% raring to go at 4 am tomorrow.

If i were to go home and drink enough Dewars White Lable scotch to get myhead where it needs to be, I may not be so keen on waking up @ 4 am
Old 05-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dewars White Lable scotch
Sounds significantly better than my old, dead-lady brandy and year-old, detroit-lion's bud light. Oh well. Somebody had to clean out my liquor cabinet and minifridge, might as well be me!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I concur pot is fantastic over booze for daily use.

A lot of amateur smokers will attempt the booze 'n smoke on a saturday night maneuver, to find themselves stoned asleep on a couch much earlier than anticipated.

For example, i've worked 13 hours so far today - I will go home, get my workout in, shower, then light a nice joint and be 100% raring to go at 4 am tomorrow.

If i were to go home and drink enough Dewars White Lable scotch to get myhead where it needs to be, I may not be so keen on waking up @ 4 am
Makes you wonder why it's still illegal lots of money to be made. A lot more people would buy weed to relax then a 6 pack.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

You know what's way better than drinking, or weed? No drinking or drugs, exercising regularly (~5miles a day and strength training few days a week) and the feeling of contentment from working 50-60 hour weeks (not salary so making lots of OT) at a job you don't entirely hate. Compared to when I was a fish and blowing coke and buying weed/shrooms on the reg in college I feel like I would hate myself if I ever did any substance again.

But hey that's just me, toke it up brah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Banned

kraftwerk are you a fag?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Wtfudge, eh?

Quote:
Alcohol misuse includes "risky/hazardous" and "harmful" drinking that places individuals at risk for future problems. "Risky" or "hazardous" drinking has been defined in the United States as more than 7 drinks per week or more than 3 drinks per occasion for women, and more than 14 drinks per week or more than 4 drinks per occasion for men. "Harmful drinking" describes persons who are currently experiencing physical, social, or psychological harm from alcohol use but do not meet criteria for dependence.
Sounds like your about a drink and a half away.
Closed Thread