Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Orc

Thanks for the replies and all the help. I am a computer idiot (except when it comes to playing a SK) and just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbirdy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi there -

I am using the installer. On one of the steps it says that there is a fix for the multi-core problems and to use the new shortcut on the desktop. However, the installer didn't place a new shortcut on the desktop, in my case. Do you mean just to use the one that the "Getting Started" process has you create?

Thank you!
No the installer will create one on your desktop called EverQuest and it should have the old classic blue shield icon. If you have a lot of icons on your desktop make sure it's not lost among them somewhere.

Note that it will only create this shortcut if you run option (0) or the CPU fix option. Other options will not create one. So that may be your issue?
Last edited by Chrushev; 04-03-2011 at 03:38 PM..
Old 04-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No the installer will create one on your desktop called EverQuest and it should have the old classic blue shield icon. If you have a lot of icons on your desktop make sure it's not lost among them somewhere.

Note that it will only create this shortcut if you run option (0) or the CPU fix option. Other options will not create one. So that may be your issue?
Yes, indeed it is. I did not understand that piece of the information. My mistake!

I do believe I selected option #2, which looked like it was supposed to do the multi-core fix, but don't think it built the icon. I'll re-test it - it is possible I am incorrect.
Last edited by nbirdy; 04-03-2011 at 06:51 PM..
Old 04-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbirdy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, indeed it is. I did not understand that piece of the information. My mistake!

I do believe I selected option #2, which looked like it was supposed to do the multi-core fix, but don't think it built the icon. I'll re-test it - it is possible I am incorrect.
Yeah option 2 assumes you already have the game running fine on p99 and therefore don't need the CPU fix. But if you still do that's why there is an option to install the fix separately.

So try running just the fix option.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Planar Protector

Duxa - Are you sure the shrink portion of the installer works? Because i'm running it, and using the C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest directory as the target, and i'm still seeing files like Bertoxtemple.eqg, blacksail.eqg, bothunder_ch2.eqg...

It didn't appear to shrink my install...I'm running XP if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Banned

I've done the installer and everything seemed to be working great, logged in, picked p1999 server then it went black screen with EQ cursor, then it spit me back to login screen, logged in went to server select and it sayed error 1017: cannot login to the everquest server. you may need to rerun the update patch repeatadly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the patch server, this is usually temporary. Been trying to get this game to work for a whole year. I saw this and thought id try it. thought it would work but got same error as i kept getting before, dunno what its for, if you could help i would appreciate it so much! thanks
Old 04-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Duxa - Are you sure the shrink portion of the installer works? Because i'm running it, and using the C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest directory as the target, and i'm still seeing files like Bertoxtemple.eqg, blacksail.eqg, bothunder_ch2.eqg...

It didn't appear to shrink my install...I'm running XP if that helps.
yeah it should work. How big is your EQ install? (Right click the install folder and go to properties).

Just because the files you mentioned above are still there doesnt mean it didnt work. When i wrote the shrinker I made it get rid of huge files (mostly zone files). It is normal for bothunder_ch2.eqg to be there since its only 256kb, so i didnt bother removing it.

As far as the other 2 you mentioned. Berthoxtemple is part of Seeds of Destruction, and Blacksail is part of the Buried Sea. Neither of which are in the Titanium client. Are you using SoF client? Because that would explain why those files were't removed. Shrinker is not looking for them, it only looks for files that are in the Titanium client. So basically it did work for you, it just removed files from:

The Planes of Power (October 2002)
The Legacy of Ykesha (February 2003)
Lost Dungeons of Norrath (September 2003)
Gates of Discord (February 2004)
Omens of War (September 2004)
Dragons of Norrath (February 2005)
Depths of Darkhollow (September 2005)

and NOT from

Prophecy of Ro (February 2006)
The Serpent's Spine (September 2006)
The Buried Sea (February 2007)
Secrets of Faydwer (November 2007)

Not really sure how you have Bertox Temple zone file since that was after SoF in Seeds of Destruction (October 2008).

Either way, check if you have these 3, if not then it did work as I described above. These 3 files are nearly 100mb together (400 times bigger than that bothunder file that i kept).

dreadspire.eqg
eastkorlach
dranikcatacobmsc.eqg

PS - if I had SoF client or at least the list of files in it I could make it include the files from later expansions, but since I dont. I cant.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've done the installer and everything seemed to be working great, logged in, picked p1999 server then it went black screen with EQ cursor, then it spit me back to login screen, logged in went to server select and it sayed error 1017: cannot login to the everquest server. you may need to rerun the update patch repeatadly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the patch server, this is usually temporary. Been trying to get this game to work for a whole year. I saw this and thought id try it. thought it would work but got same error as i kept getting before, dunno what its for, if you could help i would appreciate it so much! thanks
Sounds like you are doing something wrong. Here are the steps of doing stuff to set up the game (before you start delete/uninstall anything you have done so far):

1) Install EverQuest Titanium into C:\
2) Run Duxa's All in One installer and pick option (0)
3) Use the shortcut on your desktop.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah it should work. How big is your EQ install? (Right click the install folder and go to properties).

Just because the files you mentioned above are still there doesnt mean it didnt work. When i wrote the shrinker I made it get rid of huge files (mostly zone files). It is normal for bothunder_ch2.eqg to be there since its only 256kb, so i didnt bother removing it.

As far as the other 2 you mentioned. Berthoxtemple is part of Seeds of Destruction, and Blacksail is part of the Buried Sea. Neither of which are in the Titanium client. Are you using SoF client? Because that would explain why those files were't removed. Shrinker is not looking for them, it only looks for files that are in the Titanium client. So basically it did work for you, it just removed files from:

The Planes of Power (October 2002)
The Legacy of Ykesha (February 2003)
Lost Dungeons of Norrath (September 2003)
Gates of Discord (February 2004)
Omens of War (September 2004)
Dragons of Norrath (February 2005)
Depths of Darkhollow (September 2005)

and NOT from

Prophecy of Ro (February 2006)
The Serpent's Spine (September 2006)
The Buried Sea (February 2007)
Secrets of Faydwer (November 2007)

Not really sure how you have Bertox Temple zone file since that was after SoF in Seeds of Destruction (October 2008).

Either way, check if you have these 3, if not then it did work as I described above. These 3 files are nearly 100mb together (400 times bigger than that bothunder file that i kept).

dreadspire.eqg
eastkorlach
dranikcatacobmsc.eqg

PS - if I had SoF client or at least the list of files in it I could make it include the files from later expansions, but since I dont. I cant.
File size was 4.35 gb IIRC (at work atm). I use Titanium, not SoF. It seemed to remain that size even after I ran it. I'll look into it more closely when I get home [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
Yeah option 2 assumes you already have the game running fine on p99 and therefore don't need the CPU fix. But if you still do that's why there is an option to install the fix separately.

So try running just the fix option.
I'll play with this when I get home, thanks for the review of the features. Love the tool.