Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Default Trakanons Teeth

Is the zone ok, any know bug? I keep getting ping slowy going through 400 2500 4700 chars screen.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Kobold

that zone is always laggy as hell
Old 03-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

looks like you have to zone in and out until you dont get hit by lag or something
Old 03-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Considering its a known bug, how come i cant find anything about it, just feels like is being overcrowded/populated or nuked by something creating a mega lag?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Fire Giant

gotcha, still no lucky solving the problem, thanks tho
Old 03-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Orc

My guess is that the server for that zone is on a hard disk that is starting to run into issues on the SAN or is just starting to poop out and it creates "latency" as we see it on our side. We were in EJ last night and had massive packet loss for about 5 mins, then things simmered down.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My guess is that the server for that zone is on a hard disk that is starting to run into issues on the SAN or is just starting to poop out and it creates "latency" as we see it on our side. We were in EJ last night and had massive packet loss for about 5 mins, then things simmered down.
I have no issues when i run through or hunt in TT. I think others can agree with me so doubt its a HD issue.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? a SAN? I bet the entire server runs on couple of Mac Mini with SSDs max max'd ram. Considering that a decent PC in 1999 had what, 16-64mb of ram and maybe a 20gb hard drive? Theres what, 72 zones right now? You could dedicate 1thread and 1GB ram per zone on 5 Mac Mini's and still have 4 cores and 8GB of ram left for load balancing and have spent less money than the SAN alone would cost... and thats paying the Apple premium.

Now, if the server was low on ram that could cause faults or high processor utilization could cause a thread crash which would translate into latency because the server is only processing data in fits...
Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

i don't notice any connection lag, but TT is one of the only zones that my system lags on.... when i first zone into TT my framerate gets so bad that i can almost count the FPS.