Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should we change classic-mechanics here to allow more guilds access to raid content?
Yes 75 42.13%
No 103 57.87%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm not arguing against the scarcity at all. Whenever I do get around to completing my epic, it'll be worth that much more. That's why I've abstained from this poll.

I could see the end-game being changed either way. I've seen how variance affects the end-game, and I can see how tokens, rotations, and/or static spawns would also change the raid scene.

The fun fact is our current overlords are taking new mechanics to the extreme, well beyond intended purposes. Server resets have been tried recently to allow smaller guilds to obtain targets. Instead of that happening, however, TMO outmobilizes the smaller guilds to the targets they can contest and then leisurely kills the targets smaller guilds cannot contest.

Its well within their power to do, and they obviously are. But they even admit their loot is rotting, and they are still actively denying other guilds content, I don't know for what reason. The whole reason TMO usurped IB/TR was because IB was actively denying content to other guilds. TMO has become the very thing they wished to destroy.

"When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you."

Not that anything will change, and not that I care to be the instrument of that change personally. But realize you are what you so desperately wished to destroy. Embrace it, for you've damned yourselves to it.
Last edited by falkun; 05-08-2012 at 10:03 AM..
Old 05-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Fire Giant

For the sake of argument, we will assume that I am entirely ignorant about everything.

Now, please Falkun, please do explain how a system with no variance will result in the "little guys" getting more raid kills. That is, after all, what this thread is supposed to be about (and was about, until you started the discussion about guild wars and whatnot).
Old 05-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But they even admit their loot is rotting, and they are still actively denying other guilds content, I don't know for what reason.
Lol. You're serious?
Old 05-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen how variance affects the end-game, and I can see how tokens, rotations, and/or static spawns would also change the raid scene.
You have first-hand experience with how these things function on p99? Because if you don't, I'll remind you, then by your own reasoning you are not allowed to have an opinion on the subject.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

I never said static respawns would allow the little guys to get more raid kills.

However, if everyone knew when a raid mob would spawn, the only thing determining who gets loot would be FTE or who received EXP. It becomes a camp then, wait the timer out and you can pluck off the mob when it respawns. Variance actually caters to the larger guild(s) that can field a raid force at any hour, on demand, instead of only during the hour the mob is guaranteed to spawn. Mobilization is effectively moot. Raid size is effectively moot (as all would engage at the same moment, so the mob is guaranteed to die).
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. You're serious?
I am serious. You have a bard epic (or more) rotting/for sale, BPs are for sale, and you've given Trak's teeth to L51 alts. What do you need Trak for other than to deny other guilds BPs/teeth/epics? And that's just one example. TMO admits their VP tracking bot has a full set of VP weapons. Please, explain why you are killing mobs other than to deny the mobs to other groups. Keeping the items scarce through any form of denial is no different than what IB did to TMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have first-hand experience with how these things function on p99? Because if you don't, I'll remind you, then by your own reasoning you are not allowed to have an opinion on the subject.
  • Tokens: Server rules dictate the person who spawns a mob is entitled to that mob. How would tokens be any different? I've seen this on Keeper in Sky.
  • Rotations: You wouldn't know it because you didn't exist yet, but Trak was on rotation. You wouldn't know it because you didn't exist yet, but Ragefire wasn't always on rotation. Rotation has been good to stop the poopsocking on Ragefire. Trak rotation allowed people to not spend >75% of their time camped out on poop mountain. I've spent my time camped out on poop mountain, have you?
  • Static Spawns: Epic mobs (that aren't raid targets) are still static spawns. The first force to show up with adequate numbers is entitled to first shot at the mob, per server rules. I've helped with static, long-term epic spawns. I'm almost sure you have too (unless you are even more greedy than I think you are).
Why am I explaining this to you again? O ya, because you don't have any experience on your own to already know this.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
All right, fine.
They're talking about how they want to be able to kill dragons on their own schedules without anyone else showing up to take their merbs.
This would be ideal for the casual players who came to this server to see content they never got to see on live, but have careers and families now that they can't devote their time to poopsocking mobs.

The majority of the population isn't TMO. TMO is the only guild with the player base that actually wants to spend their entire day raiding or poopsocking, which makes the raid scene practically unplayable for any other guild.

How is it fair that one guild gets to set the terms for content access in a game?
Old 05-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

It's fair because they are the only ones willing to put up with what it takes. It doesn't get any fairer than that. You might mean 'I think it takes too much, and it should be changed so it's easier to do'. That's a different thing...and one that I personally don't think should be done on this server, even though I am very unlikely to be willing/able to do what it takes either.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I never said static respawns would allow the little guys to get more raid kills.

However, if everyone knew when a raid mob would spawn, the only thing determining who gets loot would be FTE or who received EXP. It becomes a camp then, wait the timer out and you can pluck off the mob when it respawns. Variance actually caters to the larger guild(s) that can field a raid force at any hour, on demand, instead of only during the hour the mob is guaranteed to spawn. Mobilization is effectively moot. Raid size is effectively moot (as all would engage at the same moment, so the mob is guaranteed to die).

I am serious. You have a bard epic (or more) rotting/for sale, BPs are for sale, and you've given Trak's teeth to L51 alts. What do you need Trak for other than to deny other guilds BPs/teeth/epics? And that's just one example. TMO admits their VP tracking bot has a full set of VP weapons. Please, explain why you are killing mobs other than to deny the mobs to other groups. Keeping the items scarce through any form of denial is no different than what IB did to TMO.
  • Tokens: Server rules dictate the person who spawns a mob is entitled to that mob. How would tokens be any different? I've seen this on Keeper in Sky.
  • Rotations: You wouldn't know it because you didn't exist yet, but Trak was on rotation. You wouldn't know it because you didn't exist yet, but Ragefire wasn't always on rotation. Rotation has been good to stop the poopsocking on Ragefire. Trak rotation allowed people to not spend >75% of their time camped out on poop mountain. I've spent my time camped out on poop mountain, have you?
  • Static Spawns: Epic mobs (that aren't raid targets) are still static spawns. The first force to show up with adequate numbers is entitled to first shot at the mob, per server rules. I've helped with static, long-term epic spawns. I'm almost sure you have too (unless you are even more greedy than I think you are).
Why am I explaining this to you again? O ya, because you don't have any experience on your own to already know this.

You aren't arguing for the server, you are arguing for bda, every raid mob we left up went to bda recently- its hard for much smaller guilds like taken, acyrid, divinity, etc to compete against that if we start leaving more mobs up( which will prob happen soon anyways) they will just go to BDA so get off your high horse, you are just begging for scraps again.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not saying the content should be easier. I'm saying the content should be accessable. This isn't a PvP game. If TMO really wanted the competition that they claim to want, they'd be on the Red server where competition is the game. As it stands they are killing mobs they don't need just so that other guilds can't have them.

And to a casual player who wants a trip down memory lane and a chance to see parts of the game they didn't have a chance at the first go around, yes, it is indeed unfair.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You aren't arguing for the server, you are arguing for bda, every raid mob we left up went to bda recently- its hard for much smaller guilds like taken, acyrid, divinity, etc to compete against that if we start leaving more mobs up( which will prob happen soon anyways) they will just go to BDA so get off your high horse, you are just begging for scraps again.
So it's better that they all go to TMO instead, where the loot gets sold or rotten?
Closed Thread