Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should we change classic-mechanics here to allow more guilds access to raid content?
Yes 75 42.13%
No 103 57.87%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison
That would have never occurred under my watch. And you would never have made it past the first hour of pulling mobs through walls in VP without being banned.
Exactly my point. You refuse to investigate, reason, or engage. You've yet to respond to a single point made to counter your claims. Instead, you summarily draw conclusions.

That is the definition of unjust.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

I still can't believe there are people saying that you just have to 'work harder' to do well in the raid scene. For me to work any harder at tracking mobs I would have to study less or drop out of school. There are things in real life that prohibit me and other casual players from investing the amount of time that the raid scene requires. If this were how it was like in classic I wouldn't complain, but it wasn't. For some reason this point keeps getting ignored. I'm not asking for a handout, I'm asking for a system that allows for competition in the raid scene and somewhat resembles classic. If your idea of competition is hitting the track button for four days straight until Venril Sathir pops, or parking your entire guild on his spawn point precisely so that other guilds can't compete, then frankly you're crazy.

If you want my suggestion for how to fix the raid scene, see page 13 of this thread.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 05-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Banned

The only ones who don't want a solution are the ones currently exploiting the broken end game, destroying it in the process.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonIsStillPosting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only ones who don't want a solution are the ones currently exploiting the broken end game, destroying it in the process.
I would Actually say that the current VP dragons are much harder than they were on live. For example, Nexona harm touches for 4k dmg ( much more than it classically was ) and he does it multiple times in a fight ( again not classic ). If the end game is broken, it certainly is not in favor of the raiders, but the dragons. We like it because it provides a challenge.

Also, it has been said many times that the dragon pathing in VP affects in no way the encounter. Whether it comes through wall or through the normap route has no effect on the fight. It comes single, perhaps a little faster if through a wall instead of its normal path.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

I want to know exactly what pet it is that Hoshkar is casting. Should a Kunark era shaman dragon really be casting some pet from a much later era? What else are these dragons casting?
Old 05-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazlazen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would Actually say that the current VP dragons are much harder than they were on live. For example, Nexona harm touches for 4k dmg ( much more than it classically was ) and he does it multiple times in a fight ( again not classic ). If the end game is broken, it certainly is not in favor of the raiders, but the dragons. We like it because it provides a challenge.

Also, it has been said many times that the dragon pathing in VP affects in no way the encounter. Whether it comes through wall or through the normap route has no effect on the fight. It comes single, perhaps a little faster if through a wall instead of its normal path.

Pulling dragons single because of how invis works with social aggro isn't really classic either... That sounds pretty broken in favor of raiders IMO.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pulling dragons single because of how invis works with social aggro isn't really classic either... That sounds pretty broken in favor of raiders IMO.
The point is if those guys from TMO walked up to the dragon's lair it will still die no matter what with the same machanics. The dragons don't morph into emperor crush on it's way to the raid.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It actually is classic. Real raiding guilds on live pulled every single dragons in VP at the zone in. The no social aggro due tu being invised is a 100 % classic mechanic, from what I heard stopped working somewhere past PoP but I was no longer playing back then.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to know exactly what pet it is that Hoshkar is casting. Should a Kunark era shaman dragon really be casting some pet from a much later era? What else are these dragons casting?
You just wish that you could summon a red-con pet too.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just wish that you could summon a red-con pet too.
I sure do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread