Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 04:10 AM
Aviak

Default Mistmoore is not classic.

In classic EQ, some of the mobs in Mistmoore would charm players and even walk them back to their spawn points. Why don't they do that on P99? Mistmoore used to be a relatively dangerous place to xp, but on P99 its an overcamped cakewalk. It's standard routine for anyone lvl 20-35 to just be in mistmoore the entire time, leaving many other dungeons underplayed, and rewarding players with high a Zone Experience Modifier, in a zone that is not nearly as difficult as it was intended to be and originally was. What gives?
Old 03-22-2014, 04:31 AM
Aviak

Enchanter mobs don't charm on P99?

This remind me of a fun even on live:
Lady Nevederia charmed a paladin. He was still charmed after she died, and whole guild attacked and killed him just for giggles.

If I remember well, the soul seductress were the ones charming.
They are tagged as necro on wiki though...
Old 03-22-2014, 04:46 AM
Sarnak

There's actually a lot more than just charming that isn't classic about Mistmoore. While most people seem to praise the fixes, pathing both in in MM and Kedge are extremely non-classic here, and the castle emptying trains because mobs couldn't figure out how to reach the door and through wall/floor agro that the zone was known for just don't seem to happen. While I can't claim to know how MM any of the horrendously pathed zones worked on live, I think anyone that played in them on live during this era recognizes that they aren't classic.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:03 AM
Sarnak

since pathing was also subject to constant patching, there's no "this is classic pathing" you can point out. I'd rather not have stupid pathing bugs in the game because between may and july of 2000, mobs warped through the floor in a certain dungeon and agroed the entire next level. If it was a bug back then, it shouldn't be recreated here.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:17 AM
Kobold

Assist and aggro range in MM seem significantly smaller to me than they were on live.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

I want EQ p98, now that was classic.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
since pathing was also subject to constant patching, there's no "this is classic pathing" you can point out. I'd rather not have stupid pathing bugs in the game because between may and july of 2000, mobs warped through the floor in a certain dungeon and agroed the entire next level. If it was a bug back then, it shouldn't be recreated here.
Yeah that seems to be the general consensus on it, and while it's not completely accurate it is nice to actually be able to play in areas where pathing was a mess.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3805 has mention of them charming in 2000, also mentions that they are more tanky than other mobs which makes me think their HPs might off. On the other hand though On the other hand http://titanshall.yuku.com/topic/950...e#.Uy2BeoUtE9p states that there are only 2 Enchanters in the zone, so maybe this was either changed between 2000 and 2001, or people are just remembering getting charmed by Mynthi.
It also mentions Magreck, who doesn't seem to be in P99 at all, and provides pretty solid proof that he still existed, just probably with the haste belt instead of the chest piece as of Luclin.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Mm is a cakewalk, but consider that your average player here isn't your average player in 99. We are leaner, meaner, and much more knowledgable about not only that zone but also how our classes are played and their short comings. It's like comparing pro ball players with those in the minors. Apples to oranges.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

negotiator could charm. I don't think anything else could
Old 03-22-2014, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Pull a couple of ancille cooks and tell me its easy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

...and if it really is too easy, why not try and get a non-twink group together and head into Sol A/Nurga/etc? Fun is where you find it.
Closed Thread