Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not certain that I would jump to the conclusion that Nilbog intentionally left out charm from NPCs in mistmoore on purpose, unless he has said this somewhere already himself.

From the past experience, I would more likely think that there is a 1) a reason he couldn't do it, 2) there wasn't enough evidence in the research to do it, or 3) he hasn't gotten to it yet.

I would disagree with your number two. The information regarding whether the mobs charm or not is widely available and pretty much without dispute.

Unfortunately I have never seen any of the developers take details from threads like these and compile them into a large public viewable list, with an annotation or note next to each entry, saying :

1) I couldn't do it
2) There wasn't enough evidence in the research to do it
3) I haven't gotten to it yet

That would go a long ways to not only keeping the community appraised, but also encourage them to be involved more, as opposed to just chipping in now and again when one of the developers says 'working on Velious mob, can't find such and such information, any one have stats/details?'
Old 03-23-2014, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

There is plenty of evidence out there showing that at very least A Negotiator and Mynthi Davissi could charm, can they not on here? I honestly can't remember
Old 03-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castigate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is plenty of evidence out there showing that at very least A Negotiator and Mynthi Davissi could charm, can they not on here? I honestly can't remember
They don't...which is why, of the three options, 1 and 3 are the most likely.

The three options aren't about mistmoore. They are about non-classic things in general here.

I also disagree that Nilbog hasn't been open with the community. He posts very frequently in threads (just like this) explaining why things are the way they are, how he would want them, etc. He is very much in dialogue (as is Rogean) with the community.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

unrest hags don't charm here either, not sure of any mob that charms players so tech issue?

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 03-24-2014, 01:45 PM
Fire Giant

Melee are post upgrade on p99 and hit way to often compared to classic; some shit will just never be how it was.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unrest hags don't charm here either, not sure of any mob that charms players so tech issue?
hags are wizards...

Dragons will def charm players as will any enchanter npc that is aggro d before they summon their pet
Old 03-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

I recall getting charmed in Mistmoore and walking back to the castle, praying charm would break. I always wondered why they didn't implement that here. The Noble in SolB charmed as well. I haven't gone up against him on P99 so I don't know if he does here. I assume he does (Wiki says he does). The roaming Eye in East Karana also charmed. I recall having a warrior in my group charmed as he was smacking me back on classic live.
-----------------------
Old 03-24-2014, 02:36 PM
Project Manager

Is there a bug report somewhere in here?

class [enchanter] npcs I see in Mistmoore are Mynthi Davissi and a negotiator. If they do not charm, let me know and I'll look into it.

As far as vampire charm, are you sure? I spent a lot of time there in classic, and only personally got charmed by the negotiator, who promptly buffed me to full and proceeded to send me to a group which I soloed, as a paladin lol.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Borxx in Runnyeye definitely uses charm, so the code does exist somewhere.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a bug report somewhere in here?

class [enchanter] npcs I see in Mistmoore are Mynthi Davissi and a negotiator. If they do not charm, let me know and I'll look into it.

As far as vampire charm, are you sure? I spent a lot of time there in classic, and only personally got charmed by the negotiator, who promptly buffed me to full and proceeded to send me to a group which I soloed, as a paladin lol.
.... I don't know, but I'm going to be experimenting with this on my ranger. See about getting Malo, Tashed, then pulling negotiator to every group in MM. If you see me -- run, level 60 charmed ranger.
Closed Thread