Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
iirc nilbog, you had to do DAMAGE to be summoned.
You sure? This wouldn't make sense on dragon raids, when the tank and dps dies and the clerics start getting summoned. The clerics wouldn't have done damage surely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
the clerics go down after being summoned for healing
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...7197875&page=2
Quote:
To the cleric who wondered why she got summoned for healing. Just a scenario here: You're fighting in Lower Guk and you almost have a mob dead. All the sudden, another mob goes and heals him. All the casters/tanks (If they know what they're doing) would smack him up so that doesnt happen again. Same thing with mobs.
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/se...id=5491;page=3
Quote:
till the clerics get summoned for healing
http://eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?p=166713
Old 06-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Kobold

heal=damage if you heal a tank you theoretically just damaged the mob as you got on the hate list of said mob for healing the tank that did said damage. so in turn you did that damage to the mob as healing damage.
Last edited by spoolie; 06-02-2010 at 02:30 AM..
Old 06-02-2010, 03:05 AM
Kobold

98-97% = summons on live iirc. Highest on agro list get the summon, if he dies then the next highest gets summoned.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
98-97% = summons on live iirc. Highest on agro list get the summon, if he dies then the next highest gets summoned.
Ohhh well that puts what spoolie said in better perspective. I read that as it didn't summon until it was at 2%.

Now that does ring a bell. 97% does.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

i think you had to be at the top of the hate list to be summoned. i remember, as a support dps war, if i stole agro from the main tank (oops, didn't happen often), i'd stop attacking and back off. i'd get summoned if the mt didnt get agro back right away
Old 06-02-2010, 03:46 AM
Fire Giant

Yes 97% sounds right nilbog. I just member on raids you could kite stuff around with say like a sk darkness snare and couldnt damage it past that mark or it would summon. I also member wiping on ToV dragons. They had a slow regen rate so soon as someone reagroed. It would summon instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think you had to be at the top of the hate list to be summoned. i remember, as a support dps war, if i stole agro from the main tank (oops, didn't happen often), i'd stop attacking and back off. i'd get summoned if the mt didnt get agro back right away
Ya and if the MT died and and you were on the top of the list you were summoned for sure.
Darklotus [60 Rogue]
Cranial [55 Necro]
Cheechx [52 Ranger]
Chongi [52 Mage]
Dreadlord [44 Shadowknight]
Old 06-02-2010, 03:49 AM
Fire Giant

The summon rules is 97% or 100hp, which ever comes first.
As for lvl I think everything 55+ summoned. Not 100% on this thought.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:15 AM
Planar Protector

Mobs started to summon as soon as they lost 1 HP afaik... They always summoned the first person on the hate list ... afaik 90% of the mobs lvl 51+ summoned, and i THINK mobs in planes all summoned regardless of level ...
Old 06-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another question... what all can you be summoned for doing?

Example: I partnered my magician with a druid in Western Wastes. He would cast snare on an Ice Burrower... and recast it over and over again, building up hate but never being summoned.

This leads me to believe that at least 1 point of damage/healing is required?
Ice burrowers never summoned, no matter what you did. My friend used to kite them on his druid alt who couldn't possibly live through ice burrower melee. I seem to remember certain animal npcs just didn't summon. I don't want to say this was the basis, but it'd be kind of strange for an animal to say "You will not evade me, Soandso."
Old 06-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Kobold

Before now, I would have said with certainty only 51+ mobs summoned (essentially the two dragons in classic) and that was the case until PoP, when higher level group mobs didnt summon - apparently there were exceptions even before that though.

Edit - typo
Last edited by Cogwell; 06-02-2010 at 09:17 AM..
Closed Thread