Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Sarnak

Here's the way I remember it. In Kunark, it was mobs over level 50 that could summon. That changed over the years, but right at first, that was the toggle: 50 and below: no summon, 51+: summon. Nowadays, level doesn't really have much to do with whether or not a mob summons- LOTS of mobs over 50 from POP on that didn't summon (had to- as players kept getting higher levels). I think that after a certain point, the devs just started deciding on summon or no based on how they felt was best for game balance on a case by case basis. That may have even started in Velious, but I can't say for sure. For Kunark though, it was completely level based between 50 and 51.

As to how it works, from what I remember, it was a special ability, just like lots of other special abilities. In other words, it has a recast timer. Once used, it can't be used again until the recast timer is up. It seemed to be like 4 or 5 combat rounds for most mobs, but it could vary from mob to mob.

Who the mob chooses to summon I always thought was simple. If the person on the top of the hate list wasn't in combat range, it would summon them. So, it wouldn't necessarily summon right away once the recast timer was up- not until someone not already in melee range managed to get it's attention. You only have to be on top of the hate list for an instant too, because I remember being summoned many times, and not even getting attacked. In other words, the mob had already switched to someone else from the time it summoned me to the time it's next swing came up.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

I'm pretty sure all 51+ mobs in the planes summoned. Damages had to be done for it to occur. I believe the mob had to lose 1% of its hp for it to start summoning. I do not recall getting summoned on throwing daggers/bow shots. I remember soloing lvl 48-49 mobs in PoF on my druid and never getting summoned.

As far as rats goes, they should be between lvl 48-52, like most plane mobs

Not all 50+ mobs summoned. I'm sure some research will provide you with more information [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Sarnak

Summoning started when a mob hit 97% health.

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Sarnak

Oh, and on the damage thing:

The mob had to receive damage in order to begin to summon. I.e., its summon skill wasn't active until it had taken a small amount of damage (not much, either. Like others have mentioned, maybe 2-3% of its hitpoints). However, once the ability to summon is there, it can summon ANYONE that makes it to the top of the hate list, even if for just an instant, whether they themselves have done any damage or not (though those that do the most damage are often the ones at or near the top of the hate list, anyway).
Planar Protector

Basically, if you were in melee range and the mob would turn to you and hit you, you'd get summoned if you were farther than his melee range.

Like if I cast an ice comet from afar, and tank has just enough aggro that the mob wont run to me but that if I were in melee range it would hit me. It would summon me(wizard).

Hope that makes sense.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mobs started to summon as soon as they lost 1 HP afaik... They always summoned the first person on the hate list ... afaik 90% of the mobs lvl 51+ summoned, and i THINK mobs in planes all summoned regardless of level ...
This is incorrect. I used to use the 250 range Javelins to pull ToV and would not get summoned even though those Javelins were able to do 20+ damage. It was more than 1hp that had to be done. I do remember the limit being 51+ though for some reason, although it would appear that Nilbog already disproved that memory with the rats. I'm 100% on the damage thing being more than 1hp though.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Fire Giant

Correct - as of Kunark any mob 51+ when spawned would summon from 97% of health onwards. Gullaback in Burning Woods is a great example of this as he can spawn as a level 49 - 51 mob. Only the level 51 version would summon you. Now there were exceptions to this but the above rule pretty much stood as a base marker.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Aviak

I remember that there being 3 levels of summoning...

#1 - Summon after some damage is done. This is the most common variety as I remember it. This was a % of the mobs total HP (2-3%), I know this for sure because I would sometimes go and try killing raid mobs and if I felt like I was not going to win the fight I could somtimes stop attacking long enough for them to regen back up to 97% and then I could escape because they would stop summoning. Granted this was with Luclin raid mobs (Ssra mobs primarily), but I think it is the general rule.

#2 - Summon on aggro. This was a special case..some mobs would summon with no damage done. As soon as they had aggro they would start summoning. I know I remember this being in, I just cannot recall any mobs off the top of my head that did it.

#3 - Summon with Spells. Specifically Call of the Zero, but I think all of these were Velious Raid mobs
Dawrit 12 Druid of Project1999
Old 06-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Banned

I remember that in seb only certain mobs would summon, regardless of level. The same was true for CoM if i recall correctly.

I remember being able to slow and snare a guardian wurm without them summoning, but as soon as they were damaged they would start to summon those according to who's on top of the hate-list (usually my shammy-slow would do it). But there was also quite a few mobs in that zone that didn't summon and were over level 51, some over 55. Think it was really dependant on the mob
Old 06-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Fire Giant

was def not just 1 point of dmg, would start summoning when they changed from 98 to 97%.

As i read through these i didnt see anyone bring up the rate at which they summoned. I dont know for sure how often it was but i *think* it was around 10seconds? I do remember i could still solo summoning mobs on my druid but rooting them and getting 1 nuke or 1 heal off in between summons.

Nilbog does this (the time between summons) have to be defined or is this already in place in the client?