Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-13-2023, 10:06 PM
Banned

Level to 44 and get CoV faction for WL ports (cause of wuoshi aggro) and get a OT hammer and it's definitely good money. Although even better money is getting to 57 so you can succor through SG; those requests usually fetch a hefty premium.
Old 02-14-2023, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Need to be 50 for ot hammer to proc,but If it's just a port not there's no reason not to bind at hh
Old 02-14-2023, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm considering leveling a druid up to 34 to make some extra plat to twink my paladin. Looking for some input for those of you who port regularly. Do you think it's worth it, how much plat do you make per hour/session on average? Could I stop leveling the druid at 34 with most of the ports or is 39 necessary for the last few? Thanks pals
Get to 44 at the minimum.

Bind yourself to Hammer Hill in OT.

Make sure you set "Open Tells in Separate Windows" in settings. This is almost required.

Succor can be useful at 55 but only 0.5% of customers ask for it.

However, Evac can be really useful for yourself for easily getting to places like Field of Bone.

Not enough Druids go to FOB and all those Iksars are an untapped market because SOME of them want to level elsewhere.

As far as making money, I made 30k over the double exp weekend last time. But that's rare.

It really depends on how busy things are. When things are really slow (on the Blue server), you may only get 3 tells for a port an hour - which might only net you 150p.

Sometimes at my busiest, I have 9 tell windows on my screen and I don't have a second to breathe. It's just one port after another. Doing that for 3 or 4 hours straight.

You can have anywhere between 10 - 20 customers per hour. So like somewhere in the 500 - 1500p/hour region (again, these are Blue server numbers).

It definitely helps to join Dial A Port, and check if there are a ton of DAP members are online.

If there are, they are working. They go /anon if they're busy exping, etc.

Obviously, you'll get more work if there are none working. So if there are like 3+ up - you're probably better off killing guards for FS or something.
Old 02-14-2023, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? Is that a bug?

-Mcoy
no idea only played p99 everquest and its been like that since at least 2013
Old 02-14-2023, 05:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Always try to negotiate the price prior to port. I have done numerous portings ended up getting a lot less than what I expect. (Personally FoB pickup EJ/Skyfire before patch SG succor are not worth doing under 50p in Green). CR port is always free but I've seen people take off their equipment to pretend they are on CR to get a free port so make sure you make the list of people exploit. GL
Old 02-14-2023, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfoxnz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CR port is always free but I've seen people take off their equipment to pretend they are on CR to get a free port so make sure you make the list of people exploit. GL
anyone that has ever done that is a total sleazeball
Old 02-14-2023, 05:49 PM
Banned

99% of people are legit and give you a fair price.

Funny enough, Mages with an Epic are THE cheapest (because they spent all their plat)

I had a guy tip me a Walrus Skin Drum for a port one time though. That was nice.
Old 02-14-2023, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the info guys. 44 does seem like a long grind for just ports so I'm going to mess around on the druid and see if I enjoy it. If I like the class I'll level it up for ports.

Also if anyone wants to group hit up Lanolas on green, lvl 5 currently.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 02-14-2023, 07:30 PM
Banned

Once you hit 34, you can start quad kiting and snag a POTG from a nice Druid and you'll see levels fly by. You'll be 44 before you know it
Old 02-14-2023, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

make a wizard and sit at HH selling TLs to bind for 1k each every quake