Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If one guild can mobilize at odd hours, why can't you?
Because every guild doesnt have enough members to cover every time zone. What can I do to compete if I get a text message while at work that a mob spawns? I cant do anything about it. That is not competition, that is in fact lack of competition since it seems only one guild has enough players to cover every time zone.

If competition is what everyone desires that a random spawn would be no problem at all. Everyone has their fair shot at something spawning in their respective time zones. That would be competition.

Right now you have the bosses spawning at wierd times and only 1 guild able to field a raid force to kill them. Where is the competition in that?
Old 04-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Kobold

Not completely on topic, but...

Today Vox spawned at 7am est, then Inny a couple hours later and then CT a couple hours later (the OP says Naggy too, wasn't aware).

If these four targets are on a +/- 48 hours variance as stated here...

"Spawn Variance

A variance of +/- 48 hours will be added to the following: Lord Nagafen, Lady Vox, Cazic-Thule, Innoruuk.
A variance of +/- 24 hours will be added to the following: Dracoliche, Maestro of Rancor.
*Phinigel will remain a static 12 hour spawn."

...What are the odds that these mobs respawn in this type of sequential order?
Old 04-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsho
every guild doesnt have enough members
Then this isn't a problem with the variance.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:45 AM
Kobold

3 major raid bosses spawned within 5 hours of eachother. Vox spawned at aroud 6am CST, Naggy spawned at around 7am CST, followed by CT at 12pm or so CST.

Im not sure about Inny but I think he spawned sometime in their as well.

Massive coincidence I guess...

And yes the spawn times are a problem when they ALL happen in one time zone. It prevents the other time zones from getting a fair shot at the mobs.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Fire Giant

It's gotta be GM favoritism.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Kobold

Inny spawned on IB while they were in hate, after they killed Vox and before CT spawned.

Quote:
It's gotta be GM favoritism.
Or a problem with the "variance?" Don't use the same bullshit responses to deflect from an issue people want to discuss.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsho
Massive coincidence I guess...
That is clearly what he wants to discuss.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is clearly what he wants to discuss.

No there is no GM favoritism. No one said that so I dont even know why you brought it up.

The problem is the variance was put in so that the bosses would spawn at differant times and they are not doing that. They are spawning within hours of eachother when they are supposed to be on a +/- 48 hour variance. Thats a 4 day window... The chances of all 4 major bosses spawning within 5 hours of eachother is pretty slim but its happaned multiple times already so obviously something is not working properly.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

you guys are getting trolled.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not completely on topic, but...

Today Vox spawned at 7am est, then Inny a couple hours later and then CT a couple hours later (the OP says Naggy too, wasn't aware).

If these four targets are on a +/- 48 hours variance as stated here...

"Spawn Variance

A variance of +/- 48 hours will be added to the following: Lord Nagafen, Lady Vox, Cazic-Thule, Innoruuk.
A variance of +/- 24 hours will be added to the following: Dracoliche, Maestro of Rancor.
*Phinigel will remain a static 12 hour spawn."

...What are the odds that these mobs respawn in this type of sequential order?
The odds are 100%, because it happened.

Variance has been in a while. This is the first time IIRC that so many raid targets spawned at similar times. Welcome to random number generators.

To the OP, I live in Asia and play completely opposite times as the USA, and I feel like every spawn is always while I'm at work. How could we have completely opposite experiences? It's basic psychology that outliers stick out in our mind more than commonalities, and the result is we mistakenly rely on our memories to draw patterns, which results in skewed perceptions of chance events.

The variance system is the best system we could have. Raid spawns are unpredictable, practically uncampable, and could happen at 9pm EST when 600 people are on or at 5am when 200 are. It's as fair as it possibly could be.
Closed Thread