Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should shared bank slots be enabled?
Yes 210 63.06%
No 123 36.94%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Shared Banks is not Classic or Kunark.
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Old 05-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like share slots, cut down on idiots trying to scam...but at the same time, 'not classic', 'classic this not is', and 'classic this is not'.
And now when i post i can say i am following in the footsteps of a master [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotted_Corpse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think your wrong. I have spoken to many eq vets. The majority of those i've talked with since I came here played the orig game. In various era's.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7523

55 pages long now. hmm seams like a majority not minority.
A lot of them don't play, let alone post in forums. Any real vets, the ones that left, they left when the recent progression servers opened on live (started Feb). We even had a lot of people come from live this month due to SOE's screwup, but they too left, while vets here that did not have banned SOE accounts play there for now or soon will (can use the 6 week credit).
Old 05-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of them don't play, let alone post in forums. Any real vets, the ones that left, they left when the recent progression servers opened on live (started Feb). We even had a lot of people come from live this month due to SOE's screwup, but they too left, while vets here that did not have banned SOE accounts play there for now or soon will (can use the 6 week credit).
Well as you can see from that thread there are many vets playing that posted prior and after the events you stated. And posted the chars they actually play. Trolling on the board doesn't mean you play the game actively. There is a majority of vets , the people i've had convo's with each day 90% are vets. So you are in the minority. Which is ok. Glad your here. :
Old 05-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotted_Corpse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well as you can see from that thread there are many vets playing that posted prior and after the events you stated. And posted the chars they actually play. Trolling on the board doesn't mean you play the game actively. There is a majority of vets , the people i've had convo's with each day 90% are vets. So you are in the minority. Which is ok. Glad your here. :
Never said there weren't any or few, though 90% is reaching I'm sure, far less than that with who I've talked to over the years. If you are saying I'm in the minority, maybe you are right, I played on live for years then came here (eqemu) some years ago(early peq), pretty much never stopped playing since I started around release on live (account in good standing). Sadly, notice the pop count since before SOE's lolzer and now? same again. Though you may not noticed since you joined here this month, but guessing coming from another eqemu server since you say you talked to so many players in-game.

And not saying the server is in trouble, the pop has steadily grown over time, many deflating peq as I'm sure you've noticed.

Well anyway, as far as for the OP, I'm still a little split (for shared crafting resources). I still wish for a progression server with only 1 character slot and account limit, than the temptations would begone, and that game server would be better imo, and with slower xp and no common language etc.
Last edited by Daywolf; 05-24-2011 at 08:08 PM..
Old 05-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never said there weren't any or few, though 90% is reaching I'm sure, far less than that with who I've talked to over the years. If you are saying I'm in the minority, maybe you are right, I played on live for years then came here (eqemu) some years ago(early peq), pretty much never stopped playing since I started around release on live (account in good standing). Sadly, notice the pop count since before SOE's lolzer and now? same again. Though you may not noticed since you joined here this month, but guessing coming from another eqemu server since you say you talked to so many players in-game.

And not saying the server is in trouble, the pop has steadily grown over time, many deflating peq as I'm sure you've noticed.

Well anyway, as far as for the OP, I'm still a little split (for shared crafting resources). I still wish for a progression server with only 1 character slot and account limit, than the temptations would begone, and that game server would be better imo, and with slower xp and no common language etc.
Myself I couldn't get past basic char creation on the other servers. Too custom for me. Also saying there are very few vets playing P99 is reaching I am sure. And as far as those i've spoken to recently the majority are vets. Guess we're talking to different people. heh.

As far as the shared bank slots it doesn't matter to me. Having them doesn't degrade the classic experience that much for me. Shared coin would be better since you can't drop coin.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Fire Giant

I think it would be a nice feature add.

But there are a lot of non-classic features I'd like to have. Where do we draw the line?
Old 05-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Myself I couldn't get past basic char creation on the other servers. Too custom for me. Also saying there are very few vets playing P99 is reaching I am sure. And as far as those i've spoken to recently the majority are vets. Guess we're talking to different people. heh.

As far as the shared bank slots it doesn't matter to me. Having them doesn't degrade the classic experience that much for me. Shared coin would be better since you can't drop coin.
Still again, you just aint reading, have your mind set or trolling, as I said some, not "very few". Anyway, how many people could you have talked to in a week of being here?
Character creation? I don't care if you are a vet from live or not, really.

Shared coin slot was surely one of the bad things they did on live early on. Yes there was the ability to drop coins on the ground, remember that well, but it happened less due to the chance of loosing it. At that point, coin slot, it was just wholesale twinkage, SOE made it fully a part of the game, and the game bombed for new players or old vets that liked challenge restarting a new character w/o requirement to twink. Verant made Firiona Vie, that was the answer, it was good, but then SOE destroyed it too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Daywolf; 05-24-2011 at 08:41 PM..
Old 05-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Still again, you just aint reading, have your mind set or trolling, as I said some, not "very few". Anyway, how many people could you have talked to in a week of being here?
Character creation? I don't care if you are a vet from live or not, really.

Shared coin slot was surely one of the bad things they did on live early on. Yes there was the ability to drop coins on the ground, remember that well, but it happened less due to the chance of loosing it. At that point, coin slot, it was just wholesale twinkage, SOE made it fully a part of the game, and the game bombed for new players or old vets that liked challenge restarting a new character w/o requirement to twink. Verant made Firiona Vie, that was the answer, it was good, but then SOE destroyed it too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I could care less also if you are a vet from live or not. As far as trolling looks to me like you are a bit. Or you just have to be right. But thats OK too. Everyone has their own perspective and opinion. I guess you aren't reading my posts completely. heh. And my opinion is vets are in the majority.

There will be little impact in game as far as twinking. Only difference is not having to find a friend to pass items/plat through to your new char. People twink no matter what, if this is implemented or not. Alway have.
Last edited by Rotted_Corpse; 05-24-2011 at 08:55 PM..
Old 05-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And I could care less also if you are a vet from live or not. As far as trolling looks to me like you are a bit. Or you just have to be right.
I'm done conversing with you, you are just trolling, and pathetically at that. Get your quotes right, I never said "very few". You are just trolling for a fight, misquoting other people posts to argue over. Now shoo, noob.

Quote:
Very good troll there. People that have differing experiences to yours or opinions and that won't back down from you are not trolling. If you don't like people standing up to you then stop quoting them and posting garbage back at them. Getting in a tizzy over that shows your newbness.

As I said before people have differing opinions and experiences. Is what makes EQ great. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had nothing at all to do with any of that. Misquoting me to start a flame war just wont work as I pointed out already. The difference of opinion stops when my posts are misquoted and twisted simply to start a flame war. People like you get banned, and get others banned along with you.
Last edited by Daywolf; 06-09-2011 at 03:38 PM..
Closed Thread