Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenuven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone may have touched on this (I haven't read all six pages), but I think the biggest thing to consider is that Ogre FSI is effective starting at Level 1 whereas troll/iksar regen doesn't really start to shine until 55+.

For a lot of people, level 1-55 is going to be the major part of their journey. Even at 56-60, I would guess a large fraction of shamans in this range aren't even doing anything difficult enough that any racial bonus is going to play a major role. I know for one if I'm planning on taking down a mob where 2 ticks of regen or a couple stun resists is going to make or break it, I will just bring a friend to help.

I get that this debate has some relevance to an end-game level 60 min/max discussion, but I think y'all are missing the bigger picture outside of that scenario.
Mobs don't start bashing until level 6, and even then you really should not be meleeing past level 15 unless you're super twinked.

Shaman mana regen is very similar to Necros, it's dependent upon your HP pool. Regen simply has you recoup mana faster so you have less downtime.

It helps at all levels. FSI is kind of a gimmick that really only helps if you want to solo a difficult Velious mob.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mobs don't start bashing until level 6, and even then you really should not be meleeing past level 15 unless you're super twinked.
I never "plan" to melee as a druid, but there are many times where something is beating on me and I'm trying to get a root off. Most of my deaths could be attributed to not being able to land that root fast enough, whether it was due to an interrupt or a resist.

Are you saying this hardly ever happens as a shaman?

I've never played a shaman on P99 so I honestly don't know, but when I played one during PoP it was a common occurrence.

An extra 3hp/tick while sitting pre-50 is only going to save you like 1% of your total downtime and very unlikely to prevent any deaths in those "oh shit" moments.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenuven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An extra 3hp/tick while sitting pre-50 is only going to save you like 1% of your total downtime and very unlikely to prevent any deaths in those "oh shit" moments.
ya, I never thought to make troll cus I didn't know that sitting at 60 it was 18 - which would be handy. I thought it was more ike 6-7hp a tick range, which is pretty much innefectual I agree even compared to 3 heh but whatever I like my barb. But the troll full plate.. ugh If i knew 18 hps sitting I woulda done it, cus It was a toss up for me between the look of a barb vs the look of a troll. 18 a tick would have likely convinced me! but it doesn't matter, the only thing I am really jealous of, is the full plate look of troll hehe
Old 10-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I never "plan" to melee as a druid, but there are many times where something is beating on me and I'm trying to get a root off. Most of my deaths could be attributed to not being able to land that root fast enough, whether it was due to an interrupt or a resist.

Are you saying this hardly ever happens as a shaman?

I've never played a shaman on P99 so I honestly don't know, but when I played one during PoP it was a common occurrence.

FSI isn't going to save you in an "oh shit" moment either. Most of your deaths can be attributed to you standing and trying to channel through multiple mobs instead of running.

1% is also lowballing it. You realize that Regeneration is 5hp per tick, right? 3 is pretty significant when you're canni dancing and trying to get mana back as soon as possible.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FSI isn't going to save you in an "oh shit" moment either. Most of your deaths can be attributed to you standing and trying to channel through multiple mobs instead of running.

1% is also lowballing it. You realize that Regeneration is 5hp per tick, right? 3 is pretty significant when you're canni dancing and trying to get mana back as soon as possible.
At 3/tick, the max HP you can regen in an hour is 1,800. Thats assuming youre sitting and at <100% hp the entire time.

In a more realistic scenario, you're probably looking at much less than that which at canni2 conversion rates is going to save you an extra 1-2 mins of medding per hour.

So yes, maybe it's more than 1%, but still mostly immaterial.

At 60 it is a much different story. But my whole point was that it doesnt really matter until then.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Banned

heh if were only talking how these racial attributes affect leveling, barb all the way - XP bonus over penalty definitely will net you more XP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread